Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Kyocera KX2 (Koi)? (Camera phone)

Kyocera KX2 (Koi)? (Camera phone)
andi*pandi
Mar 17, 2005, 09:45 AM

Anybody have this phone? Have read some reviews on it and thinking of upgrading for the spouse, mostly for the camera, I don't think he'll use text messaging.

I've seen threads here about how awesome Sony Ericsons are, and I want one, but Verizon doesn't appear to support them, and they have the best coverage.

Not looking forward to signing up for a 2 year plan though, we've been at will for a long time.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/popup.htm

http://www.verizonwireless.com:80/b2...edPhoneId=1580

andi*pandi  (op)
Mar 17, 2005, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by andi*pandi:
Anybody have this phone? Have read some reviews on it and thinking of upgrading for the spouse, mostly for the camera, I don't think he'll use text messaging.

I've seen threads here about how awesome Sony Ericsons are, and I want one, but Verizon doesn't appear to support them, and they have the best coverage.

Not looking forward to signing up for a 2 year plan though, we've been at will for a long time.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/popup.htm

http://www.verizonwireless.com:80/b2...edPhoneId=1580
edit:

ok, no takers...
then has anyone bought from wirefly, inphonic, younevercall.com? They all are listing the phone for better deals than verizon/amazon... yet I've never heard of them.

Fiend
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2005, 02:02 PM

While I have no experience with their cameras, their laser printers were/are crap. I wouldn't buy any of the products. I realize this doesn't help and adds nothing to your question, but that is what I think of Kyocera. I shouldn't base 2 painfull years for a totally different product, but the company left a bad taste in my wallet

macroy
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2005, 02:28 PM

Not sure if you tried... but letstalk.com had the best deals for the phone I just purchased (1 year plan). They also did an excellent job in porting my numbers over to Cingular (left T-Mobile). Ordered the phone on a Tue(?) and got the phone on Fri.. and was able to use it after charging it up.

Sorry, can't really provide any input on that Kyocera phone.

andi*pandi  (op)
Mar 17, 2005, 03:18 PM

thanks, fiend, but kyocera bought qualcomm, and we have two qualcomm phones that are pretty solid and have lasted 6 years. The reviews are also pretty good on the phone and feature set. I could whine about no bluetooth, but the spouse doesn't care.

and thanks macroy, I checked out letstalk, but they didn't offer the Koi.

Fiend
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2005, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by andi*pandi:
thanks, fiend, but kyocera bought qualcomm, and we have two qualcomm phones that are pretty solid and have lasted 6 years. The reviews are also pretty good on the phone and feature set. I could whine about no bluetooth, but the spouse doesn't care.

and thanks macroy, I checked out letstalk, but they didn't offer the Koi.
i was just throwing in $.02 about kyocera that didn't really add, or help with your questions

you have kept a cell phone for 6 years? ugh. i change over every 8 - 12 months. i couldn't imagine using the phone i had 6 years ago! hahaha.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 18, 2005, 10:36 AM

I bought a Kyocera camera a couple of years back. Total rubbish, I'm afraid. I have no idea if this has any connection to their phones, but I personally will never buy anything Kyocera again.

paul w
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2005, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by Fiend:
i was just throwing in $.02 about kyocera that didn't really add, or help with your questions

you have kept a cell phone for 6 years? ugh. i change over every 8 - 12 months. i couldn't imagine using the phone i had 6 years ago! hahaha.
My girlfriend uses my old Nokia 3210. Going strong for 5 years now. Even the battery still works great.

If all she needs is something to make calls with, that rings so she can hear it, why is a new phone any better?

Fiend
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2005, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by paul w:
My girlfriend uses my old Nokia 3210. Going strong for 5 years now. Even the battery still works great.

If all she needs is something to make calls with, that rings so she can hear it, why is a new phone any better?
I like gadgets (cell phones, cameras, A/V equipment etc). I didn't say andi*pandi or anyone couldn't, I just said I like getting new ones often.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Mar 18, 2005, 11:41 AM

Kyocera are total crap.

I thought they just killed the camera division anyway.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules