Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just purchased my Powerbook!

Just purchased my Powerbook!
businezguy
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2005, 04:54 PM

I just came back from the Apple store with my new 17 Inch Powerbook! I can't wait to try it out with World of Warcraft! I'm installing it now!
Dual 1 ghz MDD with 80 gig and 1.25 DDR
17' Flat Panel Studio Display
14' 800 mhz iBook 30 gig and 256 SDRAM
20 gig iPOD

jdiddy
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2005, 07:16 PM

Congrats!! Hope you enjoy it. Don't spend too much time on WOW its much too beautiful outside to be stuck inside playing WOW all day.

businezguy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2005, 02:25 AM

Well, I installed World of Warcraft, and I wasn't able to successfully add the other 512 megs of memory (I need a smaller screw driver). It runs adequatly, but I suspect it will run a lot better with extra memory.

I have all of the settings pretty low in the mean time. With that said, it looks absolutely gorgeous. The screen on this thing is amazing. Every thing looks far better than I could ever have anticipated. I don't find the screen to be really really bright, but it's adequate. But the resolution, and quality is just amazing.

I'm also impressed with the keyboard, which I'm actually finding more comfortable than a regular keyboard. They did a great job.

I can't wait until I can install Tiger on this thing! This is going to be a great laptop for all of the practical things I want/need to do. I think I won't be using either of my desktops (mac and pc) much anymore.
Dual 1 ghz MDD with 80 gig and 1.25 DDR
17' Flat Panel Studio Display
14' 800 mhz iBook 30 gig and 256 SDRAM
20 gig iPOD

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 25, 2005, 02:40 AM

glad you are enjoying it. i just got a 15" and i am loving it as well. pressing down on the keys feels amazing on the keyboard, but my forearms feel uncomfortable when its resting on the powerbook (probably because the pb is sitting on a high desk and my chair isnt as high). its even more uncomfortable when the powerbook gets warm. i should pick up a bluetooth keyboard from apple soon (just ordered a logitech mx900 so im broke).
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

Forum Links
Forum Rules