Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto + Spotlight Again

iPhoto + Spotlight Again
Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2005, 12:03 AM

Sorry to be starting another thread on this ridiculous situation but...

iPhoto 5.0.2 + OS X 10.4 just don't play together!

I've tried everything I've seen and can think of but it does no good, so far I've
  • Re-indexed spotlight x 2

sudo mdimport on iPhoto Library x2

Used Automater to change all the comments to append the word "spotlight" so it will hopefully reindex and pick them up.

Repaired permissions x2

done the deselect images and set privacy to exclude the iPhoto library and revert x2

trashed the iPhoto Metadata file

and still nothing! I can't believe that Apple have cocked this up so badly, IPhoto must be (along with iTunes) the big app for the platform and it can't even talk to Spotlight properly. And the fact that it wont work with anything less than iPhoto 5.0.2, says a lot about it IMHO.

and to top it off, I imported two new photos today, with the expectation that these at least would work, but Spotlight didn't pick up their Title as being "cats", bloody hell!

/Rant Off

anyone else got any suggestions

MickS
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 01:52 AM

I've just added a title to an image in iPhoto and Spotlight picked it up. It did display the filename in the listing rather than the title though, which is a bit of a shame.

Forum Links
Forum Rules