Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Worms Armageddon for Mac

Worms Armageddon for Mac
Kool_Aid_Man
Apr 30, 2005, 01:12 PM

I played Worms Armageddon at my LAN store and it was awesome. I never played a worms game before. I came home sleep deprived this morning (lockin at the lan store) and searching for a Mac version of Worms Armageddon. Sadly, I saw that it was canceled in 2000. I was pissed but I figured the other versions had a Mac version. I searched and found that the only games that made it to mac was worms and worms 3D. I don't want to play worms 3D because the reason I wanted to play worms was to get good at the 2D version for the next time I go to the Lan store. What I really want is to play worms armageddon. Is it playable through virtual PC?

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 11:12 PM

If you don't already have VPC, get a used Dreamcast. It will cost you less. You can pick them up for almost nothing online and can even find new ones in the box for $60-$75. Worms Armageddon plays great on it. Also, Soul Caliber on the DC actually plays better and is smoother than Soul Caliber II on the XBox.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2005, 03:58 AM

The DC version is pretty good, has a different feel due to the controls...

If you have a 2ghz+ G5 and VPC it MIGHT run ok, it is an older game now...

-Owl

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2005, 08:38 AM

I too have been looking for this for ages. It was the last game I ever played on a PC before I got a Mac, and I loved it. I was a master with the grenade - I could bounce one off any number of girders and land it on an enemy worms head. The banana bomb was my favourite though.

Somehow games like this need to be 2D. Worms 3D just doesn't have the same charm for me.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

dajk
May 5, 2005, 08:59 AM

worms 1 is still the best IMO

Too bad it isnt ported for X, hope someday it will

Forum Links
Forum Rules