Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > girl advice

girl advice
fakeusername
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2005, 04:48 AM

it seems like everyone around here is getting advice about their girl situations, and i actually am really needing some advice

(yes im a frequenter of macnn forums, this is just a different name)

anyway, theres this girl who is really cute and i actually wrote her a note before i met her telling her ithought she was cute, and then finally i met her, and shes really nice. ive met her twice so far for about an hour each time, but our hs ends really early and over summer im gonna be in china the whole time. so basically i only have a week left to meet up with her more, to see if we're compatible, and that includes finals and stuff.

right now im just trying to arrange to see her when were breaking from studying, for like lunch and stuff, but i doubt well be able to do that too much. i dont know what she feels about me, probably just sees me as a friend, but she does know that i think shes really really cute.

but there is only a week left before school ends, and then i wont be able to see her unless i fly back from china to see friends here, but it wouldnt be a long trip back becuase this trip to china has been planned far in advance and i have lots of commitments there

is it worth wasting my time on her? i know that ill be thinking about her this week, even tho i should be focusing all my attention on studying (which i wouldnt, anyway...id procrastinate another way...haha), and since i dont see how it could work out if i only have one week...maybe i should just call it quits?

i mean, shell probably get a bf over the summer if i dont snag her now, and even if she didnt, i doubt we would be able to continue unless somehting happened this week, and i dont see how thats possible

i might ask her what she thinks about us having only a week left to get to know each other. i dunno what her goals are and stuff.

any advice for what i should do would be great! this girl is amazing (although i have yet to really know her well enough to decide if id want to be in a relationship with her) but maybe this just isnt gonna happen? i dunno. this is really exciting for me becuase ive never dated or anything and yeah...

i want this to happen, but if it cant, maybe i should let it go?

yeah ive repeated myeslf enough, any advice is appreciated!

tavilach
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 04:51 AM

Jeez! It's like...girl season on MacNN.

About your question...well, I won't say anything, because people will start yelling about inexperienced tavilach giving BS advice .
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

ASIMO
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 05:17 AM

Aaah. To be young, again. These "I'm a virgin and I can't seem to find the hole on my first outing" masquerading as "relationship issues with the oppososite sex" is becoming endemic of late.

Here, take two of these ( . )( . ) and call me in the morning.

But seriously. Just do it, kid, if you want. Do not plan, do not "arrange." Play it by ear, play it by whim. Do it before you leave if you want, and leave her hanging over the eternal summer. Or do it when you return. So what if she is befriended in your absence? Short of marriage, she is fair game. Thicken up that epidermis and jump into the game. The reward is experience. With experience comes bigger rewards.
I, ASIMO.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 05:27 AM

if you want to keep her, make her a baby
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 08:12 AM

Heh, "wrote her a note"...

Kids these days.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

starman
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2005, 08:12 AM

A lot of guys have the wrong attitude towards women. They think of them like some alien life form or something.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by starman
A lot of guys have the wrong attitude towards women. They think of them like some alien life form or something.

Mike
Naw most men think of them as objects of which they own. Any one selling im in the market hehe
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

dav
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 09:18 AM

just be honest with her.
if it doesn't work out, hey, you're going to china
if it does work out, hey, you're going to china

Destonius
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 09:21 AM

Go for it. You like the girl and she likes you.
Don't worry about the challenges. You'll figure it all out later. Things are never going to be perfect anyway. Just keep a long-term perspective and don't push it too hard and scare her away.

Don't be afraid of getting hurt. Remember what Steve Jobs said about not asking the girl out to date. I have tons of regrets for not making the move on girls when I was a teenager. Man, I'm mad at myself. Damn it!!

Bottom line, you got nothing to lose but everything to gain. You dig?

...explosante fixe...

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 10:47 AM

go to china and meet chicks there. when you get back next year see if she's available. if not, there are plenty of other chicks. just leave them notes and you'll be fine.

wolfen
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Destonius
Remember what Steve Jobs said about not asking the girl out to date.
Steve Jobs: Relationship Guru

I want to read that book.

Seriously, though. High School? There's no risk there. You will not see any of these people for the rest of your life. Everyone has at least one high school regret. Here's a chance for you to keep that tally at 0. Just ask her to the movies -- it doesn't have to be a quickie in the parking lot or a long term commitment. Movies. And maybe a sundae afer.

Klar? Verstehen? Kapish? Get it?
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Destonius
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 11:16 AM

[QUOTE= just leave them notes and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Man, that's fu#%in' racist as hell.

...explosante fixe...

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 11:38 AM

what? how is that rascist? leaving girls notes is cute and an integral part of this playa's skillz.

RonnieoftheRose
May 7, 2005, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Apple Pro Underwear
go to china and meet chicks there. when you get back next year see if she's available.
Underwearman is right.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 11:59 AM

Personally I'd just keep it on a friendly level for now. Doesn't seem like it has much of a future.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 12:16 PM

Since you are leaving after this week for China, you should just see what happens. Your finals should come first. Maybe you can correspond over the summer. Then next year will have the time needed to devote to a relationship.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

James L
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by tavilach
Jeez! It's like...girl season on MacNN.

Ah spring... the season of young love!

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by invisibleX
Personally I'd just keep it on a friendly level for now. Doesn't seem like it has much of a future.

With that attitude i doubt you get laid much.........but nether do I

Zach

TubaMuffins
Senior User
May 7, 2005, 01:03 PM

if you're going to get wet, might as well go swimming. I love cheesy cliches. Anyway, whoever said it was right, girls are not aliens, just imagine you were her, how would you want to be approached? Just talk to her and tell her plain and simple, don't bs. so you'll be gone all summer, you can email her and keep in touch. if you don't do anything you won't have fun in China because all you'll be thinking about is her. there's nothing worse than regret.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
May 7, 2005, 01:17 PM

1. You only have a week left, so you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't go places quickly, it doesn't matter, you'll be gone soon enough.

2. Don't be territorial and worry about another person snagging her when you're gone. Even if you're "with" her, it could happen if she meets someone else.

3. If you're worried that if nothing happened this week, nothing would happen ever, then perhaps she's not "the one."

4. You're in H.S., a lot can happen; do whatever you want to do to experience life and have fun. There are few repercussions right now (as long as you don't get her preg.).
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Destonius
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 01:36 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood.
I was thinking of slang way of saying money = notes.

...explosante fixe...

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
May 7, 2005, 02:57 PM

Lie.Lie.Lie.Lie.Lie.Lie.Lie.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 04:10 PM

Bring her with you.... or stay home from China. What do you want to see so bad there anyway?

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2005, 05:44 PM

Mike
And your point is ?

fakeusername  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2005, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TailsToo
Bring her with you.... or stay home from China. What do you want to see so bad there anyway?
wat?? bring her with me?? ive just recently met her and i dont even know how she feels about me, or even how i really feel about her. how could i bring her with me to china for a whole summer, she has her own life!

what do i wanna see? well for most of the summer im going to be doing an internship thing there that im definetely not going to pass up, plus my grandparents live there and i want to spend time with them because i havent seen them all year.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by fakeusername
it seems like everyone around here is getting advice about their girl situations, and i actually am really needing some advice

anyway, theres this girl who is really cute and i actually wrote her a note before i met her telling her ithought she was cute, and then finally i met her, and shes really nice. ive met her twice so far for about an hour each time, but our hs ends really early and over summer im gonna be in china the whole time. so basically i only have a week left to meet up with her more, to see if we're compatible, and that includes finals and stuff.

right now im just trying to arrange to see her when were breaking from studying, for like lunch and stuff, but i doubt well be able to do that too much. i dont know what she feels about me, probably just sees me as a friend, but she does know that i think shes really really cute.

but there is only a week left before school ends, and then i wont be able to see her unless i fly back from china to see friends here, but it wouldnt be a long trip back becuase this trip to china has been planned far in advance and i have lots of commitments there

is it worth wasting my time on her? i know that ill be thinking about her this week, even tho i should be focusing all my attention on studying (which i wouldnt, anyway...id procrastinate another way...haha), and since i dont see how it could work out if i only have one week...maybe i should just call it quits?

i mean, shell probably get a bf over the summer if i dont snag her now, and even if she didnt, i doubt we would be able to continue unless somehting happened this week, and i dont see how thats possible

i might ask her what she thinks about us having only a week left to get to know each other. i dunno what her goals are and stuff.

any advice for what i should do would be great! this girl is amazing (although i have yet to really know her well enough to decide if id want to be in a relationship with her) but maybe this just isnt gonna happen? i dunno. this is really exciting for me becuase ive never dated or anything and yeah...

i want this to happen, but if it cant, maybe i should let it go?

yeah ive repeated myeslf enough, any advice is appreciated!
MacNN... ENJOY!!!!
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Krusty
Professional Poster
May 7, 2005, 08:38 PM

Hmmm ... the stream of conciousness says "SuperChicken" to me but acceptable grammar and syntax is uncharacteristic

The pillow-biting-worry screams of tavilach and the first-response from him (3 minutes) also says paranoid desire to create an alibi.

What do you think, guys? Who is fakeusername ??

invisibleX
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 08:42 PM

wat?? bring her with me?? ive just recently met her and i dont even know how she feels about me, or even how i really feel about her. how could i bring her with me to china for a whole summer, she has her own life!

what do i wanna see? well for most of the summer im going to be doing an internship thing there that im definetely not going to pass up, plus my grandparents live there and i want to spend time with them because i havent seen them all year.
So? Its not like you're a mad rapist or something. Invite her over there for like a month, I'm sure she has time to go see something new (and unusual for most people) and take a chance on a relationship.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

tavilach
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Krusty
Hmmm ... the stream of conciousness says "SuperChicken" to me but acceptable grammar and syntax is uncharacteristic

The pillow-biting-worry screams of tavilach and the first-response from him (3 minutes) also says paranoid desire to create an alibi.

It's probably a lurker, dude. Aren't there hundreds of them?
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Krusty
Professional Poster
May 7, 2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by tavilach
It's probably a lurker, dude. Aren't there hundreds of them?
Just messin' with you tavi ... always like trying to figure out "mystery posters" based on the way they write a post. The fakeusername thing could be a tavi-post. I'm writing S[C] off my list but I'm still keeping my eye on you

tavilach
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 09:30 PM

Just messin' with you tavi ... always like trying to figure out "mystery posters" based on the way they write a post. The fakeusername thing could be a tavi-post. I'm writing S[C] off my list but I'm still keeping my eye on you

Whatever floats your boat .

historylme
Mac Elite
May 7, 2005, 09:35 PM

GO FOR IT! U R YOUNGE, HAVE FUN.
And if need be, slip her a few notes. I kid... not

TubaMuffins
Senior User
May 7, 2005, 11:24 PM

about worrying she will be with another guy this summer, you can't "quack quack seat back" a seat you haven't sat in yet

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 01:00 AM

Politely offer to tend her garden, they all love a guy who knows when to water and when to trim.
_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 02:14 AM

How 'bout this idea...forget about the girl and go get krunked instead.

macintologist
Professional Poster
May 8, 2005, 03:06 AM

Politely offer to tend her garden, they all love a guy who knows when to water and when to trim.
Are you alluding to what I think you're alluding?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
May 8, 2005, 05:01 AM

You left her a note saying she's cute?
WTF, you are in high school and this is not 1940.

If you didn't have the guts to go up and talk to her I say that you just painted yourself as a clueless doofus by sending notes like that. Ask her out if you are attracted to her. Sending notes at your age is queer. It may have been all the trend in 7th grade but by 9th grade you need to have the self confidence to speak a girl if you have any hope of getting up her shirt.
You have to be joking if you think you are going to solidify anything in one week so that she will wait for you while you are gone. If anything asking her out might ensure she remembers who you are in the fall but she's not going to like you out of nowhere if she's never even given you the time of day before this.

Consider it practice by asking her out because I don't think it will get you very far in this case. Use this little vacation in China as an opportunity to reinvent yourself as a guy with a clue. Hit on every Chinese girl you see that's your age. You will never see them again and they don't know your history of doing dorky things like sending love notes. If you do this right you may come back with more confidence and without your virginity.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
May 8, 2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
You left her a note saying she's cute?
WTF, you are in high school and this is not 1940.

If you didn't have the guts to go up and talk to her I say that you just painted yourself as a clueless doofus by sending notes like that. Ask her out if you are attracted to her. Sending notes at your age is queer. It may have been all the trend in 7th grade but by 9th grade you need to have the self confidence to speak a girl if you have any hope of getting up her shirt.
You have to be joking if you think you are going to solidify anything in one week so that she will wait for you while you are gone. If anything asking her out might ensure she remembers who you are in the fall but she's not going to like you out of nowhere if she's never even given you the time of day before this.

Consider it practice by asking her out because I don't think it will get you very far in this case. Use this little vacation in China as an opportunity to reinvent yourself as a guy with a clue. Hit on every Chinese girl you see that's your age. You will never see them again and they don't know your history of doing dorky things like sending love notes. If you do this right you may come back with more confidence and without your virginity.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 05:42 PM

I say storer. Given that he's in Australia, he switched "summer" with "winter" to throw us off
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Sounds like a good plan to me.

I was David B.
Location: there are days when I wake up and thats exactly my question
May 9, 2005, 10:11 AM

Mike
Well, with 25 years of girl/women experience one thing is sure: They ARE a sort of alien life form.

digiology2
Forum Regular
May 9, 2005, 12:56 PM

I think you have to shift the way your thinking. Dont be too nice to her because if she really is cute then she is too used to that (and bored of it happening all the time). Teasing a girl (but in a friendly way) can be very effective, it shows you are not intimidated by her and makes you stand out. Join the newsletter at : http://www.DoubleYourDatingInfo.com
I find his products are not as great as the site makes them out to be but the whole mentallity of his newsletter (and the programs he sells) puts you on the right track. If its not obvious she likes you (unless she is really shy) then I'd say your not attracting her very much (and a little personallity change can help that)

Hope this helps!

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by I was David B.
Well, with 25 years of girl/women experience one thing is sure: They ARE a sort of alien life form.
Reminds me of a sig I saw somewhere:

"Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it."

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2005, 01:33 PM

i mean, shell probably get a bf over the summer
Oh she probably WILL get bf'ed over the summer.

Alot.

Mafia
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 05:04 PM

tav, did you reply to your own post to throw us off?
http://www.mafia-designs.com

tavilach
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mafia
tav, did you reply to your own post to throw us off?
Haha. As I said, there are a lot of lurkers on this board. Just think about the chances that this dude is me. I mean, sure, there's a chance...but it's slim. I don't really know what else to say in that regard .

Forum Links
Forum Rules