Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need Help installing App!

Need Help installing App!
Mac-A-Rui
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2005, 10:34 PM

Hey guys I'm trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 2 but can't get past this error screen before it doesn anything which says the following:

The Adobe Creative Suite 2 requires that the startup disk and the disk you are installing on be formatted as Mac OS Extended. Please choose System Preferences > Startup Disk to select a Mac OS Extended disk, then restart your computer and start the installer again.

So I'm running OS X 10.3.9 and the install disk is on that drive. So I decided to go to preferences and do what the error says and my mac rebooted and still got the same thing, this is driving me NUTS! anyone have any ideas?

I also formatted my drive last week! and noticed the drive running the operation system is UFS or in Disk Utility it is labled as UNIX File System while my back up drive is Journaled HFS+ and in Disk Utility it is labled as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). That second drive doesn't have an OS and it just there for files like MP3's and Pictures and what not. Do I have my system set up properally?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 16, 2005, 11:03 PM

It requires that your startup disk be formatted as Mac OS Extended. Your disk is formatted as UFS. It sounds like that's your problem.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Mac-A-Rui  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2005, 11:05 PM

Ok thanks I kinda figured that out but wasn't sure, now should I keep it formatted as Your disk is formatted as UFS or should I format it as Mac OS Extended, whats the difference and advantages if any?

Forum Links
Forum Rules