Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New iPods (Will Alarm sound)

New iPods (Will Alarm sound)
Jeffrey P. Kempster
Jul 29, 2002, 12:02 PM

I can't seem to find an answer. On the new iPods with Calendar sync. Does the iPod make and alarm sound when an appointment is happening. Or is it just a view of you calendar.

If it does make a noise, does the TODOs also have an alarm.

Thanks,
Jeff
iBook 800Mhz/640MB/40GB/Combo/Airport/10.2.3/9.2.2

iMac 500/256MB ram/30GB HD/CD-RW/10.2.3/9.2.2

1008 Legal MP3s :D

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2002, 01:05 PM

I would say no. The iPod has no speaker, and to assume that a user keeps headphones on all day is unrealistic.

ericwass
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2002, 01:26 PM

The iPod has some sort of speaker; how else does it make the "clicks" when you scroll?
"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

Carl Norum
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2002, 04:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by ericwass:
<strong>The iPod has some sort of speaker; how else does it make the "clicks" when you scroll?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Piezoelectric buzzer, I would expect.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2002, 04:16 PM

Touche. Also, I guess the display could light up as a visual indicator also.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 30, 2002, 10:17 PM

if you guys are that dependant on your ipod to make sound and light up and you are checking it that often then you are a little to obssesed with it. Sorry but I had to say it.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Axel
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2002, 04:31 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by G4ME:
<strong>if you guys are that dependant on your ipod to make sound and light up and you are checking it that often then you are a little to obssesed with it. Sorry but I had to say it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Does that mean any person using a PDA is obsessed with it ? My cellular phone makes sound to notify me when I'm receiving a call, does that mean I'm obsessed with it ? Sorry but I had to say it.

ericwass
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2002, 01:51 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure this discussion is an indication of obsession. I'll admit I can get a little nerdy with my gadgets, but this doesn't seem over-the-top. Tell you the truth, I won't use my iPod for iCal, alarms, etc. Got a Clie for all that stuff and I barely use that either.
"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

Forum Links
Forum Rules