Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > How is Tiger coming with my new PM

How is Tiger coming with my new PM
dvenne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 08:40 AM

I know that Tiger is included with my new PM G5 (april 2005) but is it going to be installed on my PM or they will include an upgrade DVD? My G5 is still in a delivery truck somewhere on the continent so I can't tell yet.

My last computer purchase was when panther came out and Apple simply included a CD in the computer box. I am wondering if anyone knows what Steve has done this time?

Agent69
Mac Elite
May 23, 2005, 08:49 AM

If will probably be one of those crappy "you need to completely install the previous version in order to install the new version" upgrade CDs.
Agent69

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 09:36 AM

Doesn't a new computer come with a OS pre-installed? If 10.3 is on then I just have to upgrade with the Tiger DVD. If Tiger is already on it, I free to go. Which is it? Some people have already received their PM so they should know.

bit.shiftr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 10:13 AM

My new PM G5 Dual came with Tiger installed. Boot it up answer a few config questions, register it, and your in business. Very easy! Then you can download and install the 10.4.1 upgrade to answer some of the initial bugs with 10.4.0.
[FONT=Garamond]_____________________________
PowerBook (Alu 15", 1.5Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 80Gb HD, 64mb VRAM)
PowerMac (Dual 2.7, 2.5Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI 6550 256mb)
PC (P4 3.2Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 740Gb HD, Nvidia 6800 256mb)

"Data becomes information when it changes our decisions. Information becomes knowledge when it changes our processes."[/FONT]

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by bit.shiftr
My new PM G5 Dual came with Tiger installed. Boot it up answer a few config questions, register it, and your in business. Very easy! Then you can download and install the 10.4.1 upgrade to answer some of the initial bugs with 10.4.0.
Thanks for the clarification bit.shiftr! It does answer my question.

voo
Forum Regular
May 24, 2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by bit.shiftr
They do supply the Tiger disc incase you need to reinstall right?

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2005, 09:01 PM

Yes, they do. The question is this: Are they going to give you a restore disc that contains Tiger or give you a restore disc with 10.3 and an upgrade CD. From bit.shiftr's answer, it seem to be the former rather than the later.

Forum Links
Forum Rules