Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > -Mail error when trying to send-

-Mail error when trying to send-
JohnCoffee
Forum Regular
Jun 20, 2005, 06:54 PM

Hi,

My girlfriends iBook (OS 10.3.9) generates the following mail error, when she tried to send me 13 jpgs in one mail (2.5MB 640x480 for all pictures)

"5.7.1 Message contained too many MIME parts. We do not accept such complicated messages."

Any explanation for this?

Thanks
John

Ludovic Hirlimann
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2005, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by JohnCoffee
Hi,

My girlfriends iBook (OS 10.3.9) generates the following mail error, when she tried to send me 13 jpgs in one mail (2.5MB 640x480 for all pictures)

"5.7.1 Message contained too many MIME parts. We do not accept such complicated messages."

Any explanation for this?

Thanks
John
Either the server or the mail application you are using is quite clear on what the problem is, it does not knwo how to handle so much attachments. Create an archive contaning all the jpg should solve your gf's problem.

JohnCoffee  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2005, 12:52 PM

Thanks Ludovic.
I should maybe add that she is using a .Mac account with Mail supplied with 10.3.9. I guess mails with 13 attachment shouldn't be any problem, right?

Forum Links
Forum Rules