Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Slow speeds suddenly ARGH!!!

Slow speeds suddenly ARGH!!!
Noted
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2005, 10:45 AM

Right I have a wireless router with all the computers in the house running the internet off it. I have 8mb broadband, and on my PC laptop, the internet is fine and I have speeds of 800kb/s. However on my Mac which I recently moved to the back of my bedroom now gets speeds of 100kb/s. Whats going on? It cant be to do with signal strength cos thats on 2/4 on the airport icon even 3/4 sometimes. I still get a range of 100-200kb/s with the connection dropping at times too.

There doesnt seem to be anything interfering with the signal strength. I recently instaled JBL creature II speakers but I doubt thats it... The laptop whihc is in the same room has speeds of 800kb/s

HELP ME thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules