Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Original UT in OSX, no longer works?

Original UT in OSX, no longer works?
suvsr4terrorists
Baninated
Jul 18, 2005, 11:02 AM

This is odd. I booted up UT, and when I click 'find internet games' it LOCKS. Like, HARDCORE locks. I can't even forcequit, and I'm forced to turn off the computer and restart. It's never done this before, but now it keeps happening, again and again. If I play 'start practice session', I can play against bots, but I can't play at all if try to find any internet games.

Anyone have any ideas?

SlideWRX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2005, 05:42 PM

Just trierd going to internet, and it froze up with the browser window open. I tried to click on another tab and boom.

Tom

suvsr4terrorists  (op)
Baninated
Jul 18, 2005, 07:40 PM

What?

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2005, 02:41 PM

I would help, but I can't find my damn UT 2003 serial number...

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2005, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler McAdams
I would help, but I can't find my damn UT 2003 serial number...
They're talkin' original UT, ie. UT1999 not UT2003.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

spectre
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2005, 09:43 PM

I had that same problem every once in a while with UT in both OS X and OS 9. I'm not sure if it's the same thing.. but when I tried to connect to the server listings (or even the news thingy) the whole thing would freeze and I wouldn't be able to quit. I generally just waited it out and it'd go away...

I can't test it now, since I had to delete the game.. it was taking too much of my time.

Marid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2005, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by spectre
I had that same problem every once in a while with UT in both OS X and OS 9. I'm not sure if it's the same thing.. but when I tried to connect to the server listings (or even the news thingy) the whole thing would freeze and I wouldn't be able to quit. I generally just waited it out and it'd go away...

I can't test it now, since I had to delete the game.. it was taking too much of my time.
Well, I just tried it on my 15" PB (1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB VRAM, 10.4.2). I could play a bot game, but clicking on Find Internet Games it locked it up. Command-Option-Escape worked to force quit it.

spectre
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2005, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marid
Well, I just tried it on my 15" PB (1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB VRAM, 10.4.2). I could play a bot game, but clicking on Find Internet Games it locked it up. Command-Option-Escape worked to force quit it.
Yep.. this is the same problem I used to have on my 733 g4, 512mb ram, Radeon 7500. I'm not sure what the problem was... but it generally just went away after a week or so.

Petter
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2005, 05:13 PM

it's a dns problem i think. UT asks for a server address which cant be found so it locks up.
Petter

-the iconoclasts, the creative thinkers,
the folks who can't relate to beige.

Forum Links
Forum Rules