Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rochester Apple store opens this weekend!

Rochester Apple store opens this weekend!
dreilly1
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2005, 03:31 PM

OK, so it might be old hat for most of you, and we already know it was coming sometime this summer, but it's still pretty nifty:

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/p...507210348/1001

If I show up Saturday for the opening, will they have free swag?

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jul 21, 2005, 04:50 PM

For Torontonians, it's only a ferry ride away! Of course, we already have our own.

So is that ferry making money yet?

dreilly1  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2005, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
So is that ferry making money yet?
It is for the original owners: they still collect the rents for all the businesses at the ferry terminal. Somehow, they benefit personally from this, even though the old ferry company is bankrupt. I always thought the whole idea was a scam from the start. In thr meantime, the citizens of the State of New York, Monroe County, and City of Rochester will be subsidizing it until it dies. At least I'm in only one of those categories.

Even if you wanted to visit the new Apple store, it's a good half hour by car from the ferry terminal.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules