Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > reasonable time for repiar of my mac

reasonable time for repiar of my mac
Rob van dam
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2005, 09:01 AM

Hi,
I called apple on the 18 th of july of with my problem being reported as backlight needing to be replaced.With now definite date in hand for a week and no call back from the techie who was doing the onsite i decided to keep pressing and pushing for a confirmed date.Well i was told that the techie had personal family issues and would be away for a week(i sympathised with him but buisness is buisness surely thee has to be more than one person to do onsite.)

So eventually i was told to wait for my call thursday the 28 july from the techie for a august 4 repair date(the call never came through).Now im told by apple customer relations that i will simply have to wait for his call on monday the 1st of august with no confirmed date in mind.Then since the job is outsourced to an apple reseller to do the repair i was told to take my concerns to them in the future as apple customer relations had there hands tied.

this is the first mac i have fully legitmately owned.We had macs in the family but they were the macs my mom used at her school which she would bring home from time 2 time while she was a teacher.Unfortunatley she's deceased and i had to save up.

I hate to say this but never had these issues with dell
Apple an innovator in a world of Immitators.
And thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2005, 06:32 PM

thats a lot worse than I have ever had from apple but other electronics companies have been a lot worse.

Zoom_zoom
Senior User
Jul 29, 2005, 06:37 PM

The only trouble I have had was my iMacs Modem blowing up, and it only took a couple of days to replace, However I have also had to get 5 iPods fixed/replaced, one which took a month to replace, due to waiting for parts!
Hopefully you will be reunited with your mac soon

http://www.paul.fuary.com.au
"You hate people!" "But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic"

Rob van dam  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2005, 05:47 AM

yeah thanks for the replies guys and i am still hopefull of a nice outcome.They havent got my machine as i am waiting for a onsite repair as i am isolated from apple in my area.Its bad tipping with a screen that looks like tinted glass half the time.
Apple an innovator in a world of Immitators.
And thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules