Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Question for (Atheists)

Question for (Atheists) (Page 3)
RonnieoftheRose
Aug 2, 2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
I don't think that's it, most couldn't care less about $ or material worth.
Sure. Buddhists don't have bills and mortgages to pay too. I have a Buddhist friend who just happens to be a film producer and very wealthy. Cut the **** out with your simplified pontification around here. As if you're some sort of master of the universe when it comes to talking about religion, He-man.

Go get laid.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 2, 2005, 02:02 PM

Roman Catholics are urged to give 10 to 15 percent of their income.

When I see a Church in Chiacago being robbed and one of the candle stick holders cost over $5,000.00; the last thing I want to do is volunteer any of my hard earned money to a Church that is so non-thrifty.

The thieves probably were robbing the place so they can go buy marijuana, or other drugs...

Ronniewhoblows:

Maybe pay a litte respect to the man, as he is quite an expert on Theology.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2005, 02:06 PM

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. Therefore, Life=Energy, and when we die our energy will be transferred to another body, whether animal, or man, or some other form. Lost energy may explain the existence of ghosts and the paranormal.

I guess this means I believe in re-incarnation.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2005, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Huh? Happiness is pleasant by definition, and pleasant things by definition are things you like. I think what you mean is that you could just never achieve that. (I don't know if I could either...)
No, what I'm saying is, they walk around smiling and pleasant all the time, and I'd just find that tedious after a while. Sometimes I find it "pleasant" to be grumpy or irritated.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

budster101
Baninated
Aug 2, 2005, 02:16 PM

Rebirth.... you are almost a Buddhist.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 2, 2005, 02:18 PM

Huh, two members register the same day, bang out 30 or so posts apiece, often in the same threads, all of which have to do with Christianity or the lack there of. Excuse me folks, while I check into this.

Oh, and believe what ever the hell you want, and be respectful of the beliefs of others. Its just that simple. Live and let live, and all that rot.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Scientist
Senior User
Aug 2, 2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Epicurius
Faith in immortality was born of the greed of unsatisfied people who make unwise use of the time that nature has allotted us.

But the wise man finds his life span sufficient to complete the full circle of attainable pleasures, and when the time of death comes, he will leave the table satisfied, freeing a place for other guests.

For the wise man, one human life is sufficient, and a stupid man will not know what to do with eternity.
Budster, you make me: I hope you are only feigning ignorance.
Is it not reasonable to anticipate that our understanding of the human mind would be aided greatly by knowing the purpose for which it was designed?
-George C. Williams

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieoftheRose
Sure. Buddhists don't have bills and mortgages to pay too. I have a Buddhist friend who just happens to be a film producer and very wealthy. Cut the **** out with your simplified pontification around here. As if you're some sort of master of the universe when it comes to talking about religion, He-man.

Go get laid.
Again??? it's only been 6 hours.

And no, on the avg, they aren't as materialistic. I'm just stating facts, sorry if that hurts your feelings, and you feel that you need to lash out at someone. Try growing up a little Ronnie-boy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

budster101
Baninated
Aug 2, 2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scientist
Budster, you make me: I hope you are only feigning ignorance.

Dude, you quoted the wrong person.... That wasn't me.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2005, 02:34 PM

No, what I'm saying is, they walk around smiling and pleasant all the time, and I'd just find that tedious after a while. Sometimes I find it "pleasant" to be grumpy or irritated.
In order to enjoy the highs, you need some lows.

(In short, I agree).

Scientist
Senior User
Aug 2, 2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
Dude, you quoted the wrong person.... That wasn't me.
You make me laugh.
Is it not reasonable to anticipate that our understanding of the human mind would be aided greatly by knowing the purpose for which it was designed?
-George C. Williams

RonnieoftheRose
Aug 2, 2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
Maybe pay a litte respect to the man, as he is quite an expert on Theology.

I've read his crap for months. He's blowing hot air out of an out of date book. Like you

RonnieoftheRose
Aug 2, 2005, 02:55 PM

Try growing up a little Ronnie-boy.
Kiss my chaddies, sweetcheeks.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2005, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
In order to enjoy the highs, you need some lows.

(In short, I agree).
They also tend to express their happiness in moderation, have low expectations of people's reactions, and generally require less in the way of regular contact (again, these are Taoists who live in a Holy House and are immersed in Tao 24/7). They're very, mild, I suppose is the best way to put it. To some it's a bit creepy, Sarra thinks they're pod-people.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2005, 02:56 PM

Kiss my chaddies, sweetcheeks.
*yawn*
- Thomas Paine

budster101
Baninated
Aug 2, 2005, 03:04 PM

I've read his crap for months. He's blowing hot air out of an out of date book. Like you
What book have I ever quoted? He's not blowing hot air, he's educating you, as if you'd even notice the difference. Do you act this way in public? (Your next post about kissing some chaddies? (What are chaddies anyway? Are they the same as Rocky Mountain Oysters?))

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2005, 03:38 PM

have low expectations of people's reactions, and generally require less in the way of regular contact (again, these are Taoists who live in a Holy House and are immersed in Tao 24/7). They're very, mild, I suppose is the best way to put it. To some it's a bit creepy, Sarra thinks they're pod-people.
Wow, you just described me, minus the entire Holy House thing. That and I tend to be explosively happy.

Oh yeah, check out the post count.

Forum Links
Forum Rules