Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Status of Orders from Outpost.com?

Status of Orders from Outpost.com?
YoungTurk
Feb 26, 2002, 03:37 PM

What are the status of orders from Outpost.com. I just ordered mine at 1:00pm Central, and elected the free ground shipping. Order tracking says order in progress, and no tracking no. is available yet. Has anyone already received their order from Outpost, or very close to?

Thanks,

YoungTurk
PB G4 12" 1.33 ghtz 1.25 RAM/80 HD/AE/SuperDrive, FP iMac 800 (Superdrive), Silver iPod Mini, iBook 600 Combo, PMac G4 733 (Superdrive), Snow iMac 600

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2002, 04:15 PM

I ordered from them last night about 7 or 8, and because my credit card company is retarded i had to change a bunch of stuff. the rep said if everything is cool this time with my credit card that it would ship out tomorrow. i asked her if they still were in stock and she said yes...if your really concerned about your order call them up. but i'm sure it will be okay
iMac G4 800mhz 768 ram OS X (10.1.5) & iPod 5gb

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2002, 07:57 PM

I ordered at noon Eastern over the phone because I used the Apple Loan to pay. The guy who took my order said there still were iMac 800s in stock, and to call back in a few hours to make sure everything went through OK. I got an order number then, too. Called back at 4 p.m., and a different guy said everything went fine and that the order shipped. I got a tracking number for Airborne Express -- I went with two-day shipping. I just checked the tracking number, though, and there's no record of the shipment yet, nor have I gotten a confirmation e-mail from Outpost.

I'll post more when I know what's up.

-NewsHound
Exit, pursued by a bear.
--'The Winter's Tale,' Shakespeare

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2002, 08:04 PM

for what it is worth, back when Outpost was offering "free overnight" shipping, I never got anything faster than a week.

They almost went out of business a few months ago, I suspect they may stretch the truth a bit sometimes.

good luck..

bd
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Theresa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2002, 08:38 PM

I ordered mine yesterday from Outpost, received the tracking number this morning. My experience with Outpost has been only good, received things really fast, as when I returned things, I got my refund immediately. This goes for in the past, and recent.

I'm thinking I might see my imac tomorrow.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2002, 09:00 PM

Well, lemme toss in my two cents.

Back when outpost had the overnight shipping I'd order all the time since I'd get things the next day...

One time I even got Office 2000 for $100 less than everywhere else was asking, so I'd be glad to go there again.

Heh, it'll ship, airborne's online tracking just doesn't work good. Wait 3 days.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2002, 10:58 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I called outpost to check status on the imac, they had one in stock...

2 minutes later our order went through

imac next week!!!!!!!! My bro's in for another suprise!
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

YoungTurk  (op)
Feb 26, 2002, 11:06 PM

Great news here too - I ordered mine online a little before 1 pm Central, and I just checked order status and mine says 'shipped,' and listed a tracking no. It's the free ground so probably next week when it arrives.

Good job, Outpost, but I do feel sorry for those who ordered from the Apple Store in January and are still waiting.

YoungTurk
PB G4 12" 1.33 ghtz 1.25 RAM/80 HD/AE/SuperDrive, FP iMac 800 (Superdrive), Silver iPod Mini, iBook 600 Combo, PMac G4 733 (Superdrive), Snow iMac 600

walrusjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2002, 11:11 PM

Ordered ours last night, 6-ish - overnight shipping. Tracking number showed up in Airborne by next morning - we had delivery before lunch.

Quite a day. At 5 yesterday, Apple was busy telling me that it would likely be 2 more weeks. We only had to feel dejected for another hour

Yeah- Outpost nearly went under... who didn't? I've never had a problem with them... am glad to see they're still alive + shipping to me faster than Apple

**NO DEAD PIXELS** - can I get a <insert vernacular here>?!?!

-jb
http://www.KeynotePro.com - Keynote Themes for Professionals

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2002, 11:33 PM

After getting the runaround with MacMall, electing not to purchase from MicroCenter here in Illinois because of sales tax, and no iMac yet from JandR.com I decided to cancell the JandR order and purchase from Outpost.com. I ordered this morning at 9:00 am easter via telephone and choose the free shipping. I am happy to say that the order shipped this afternoon and my sales rep told me I might receive the computer Friday. Like most others that have posted, my tracking number isn't working yet but I did check the Airborne website and the delivery estimate I received when calculating shipping also said 3 days. Hopefully that info is correct and I will be using my new iMac this weekend, but I am not getting my hopes up as I know this timeframe is an estimate. In any case I know I am getting a new iMac and for as long as I've been waiting and the money saved (sales tax), a few more days won't hurt. Even though I am dying to use my new iPod.
If I knew everything I wouldn't be here...

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2002, 01:35 AM

If outpost shipped at 3pm, you'll get it friday.. airborne turn around is faster than their website half the time.

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2002, 03:06 AM

I just checked with Airborne, and my tracking number is working. My iMac is on the way!! YAY!!!! After waiting more than a month with MacZone and then giving up on them, I'll finally be getting my new baby Thursday from Outpost. Thanks for the original tip that they had 'em in stock (BTW, the Web site now says "call for availability."). Goodbye, original Bondi 233 iMac. Hello, new SuperDrive friend!

Exit, pursued by a bear.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2002, 12:09 PM

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3230581/

^ I made the last order.. looks like they ran out.. and got a great email!!!

"Thanks again for shopping at Outpost.com! We are pleased to tell
you that we shipped the items listed below."

IMAC LCD 800MHZ/256MB/60G/SUPERDRV/56K/ETH/OSX

Oh yeah.. looks like my bro's in for a BIG surprise now!!!

Theresa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2002, 02:58 PM

Ya Hoo, yippee, yaba, daba doo - It just arrived at 2:00 today (Wed). I

I ordered it Monday evening.

This after waiting for over 5 weeks from the Apple store. Theirs has shipped - still not arrived (due any day also)

Who sez Outpost is not great?!!!

: : : D : : :

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2002, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by Theresa:
<STRONG>Ya Hoo, yippee, yaba, daba doo - It just arrived at 2:00 today (Wed). I

I ordered it Monday evening.

This after waiting for over 5 weeks from the Apple store. Theirs has shipped - still not arrived (due any day also)

Who sez Outpost is not great?!!!

: : : D : : :</STRONG>
Congrats, Theresa, ours is headed out in about 30 mins.

:F

lb4runner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2002, 07:34 PM

Looks like this is a better avenue to order than Apple online store.
I ordered from Apple online store on Jan 11 and it is still not shipping (see my post on this). The strange part is, when I went to the Apple retail store in NJ and was told order online so it will be faster than ordering from the store. Oh well, it was not the case.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 27, 2002, 09:27 PM

ordered mine tuesday afternoon, shipped this morning..should get it thursday. i ordered from the apple store on the 19th of feb..cancelled once i found out they were in stock at outpost. i personally love outpost and they will be getting all my business when i start buying dvd-r's i have gotten an imac, ibook and ipod in the past with them and have nothing but the best to say about thier service...only thing that annoyed me is that i got home from work today and airborne throw my package of dvd-r's in front of my apartment door..they better not do that to my imac tomorrow

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: macthelastredman ]

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2002, 02:48 PM

Guess what's sitting in my living room right now? Well, yes, the couch is there -- but so is my new iMac!!!! Ordered Tuesday at noon from Outpost; shipped that night at 6:30 p.m.; delivered today at 10 a.m. That's service I'll take any time! I first ordered from MacZone on Jan. 31, but as of Tuesday, shipment was still weeks away, the rep said. Now, thanks to Outpost, I've just got to get through my work day so I can go home and play with it ...
Exit, pursued by a bear.

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2002, 09:29 PM

I ordered mine from Outpost on Tuesday morning and it shipped Tuesday afternoon. I used their free shipping (ground) and to my surprise Airborne attempted delivery today but I wasn't home, so they are going to try tomorrow. Even though the computer shipped from Ohio, I have to say that their shipping and service is great. I deffinetly plan to order from them again!

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 28, 2002, 09:48 PM

ordered mine tuesday afternoon, got it today...love it so far...no dead pixels...got lucky i guess. only thing that is annoying me at the moment is that i cant seem to get online with my cable modem??? i think i read something online about the ethernet cord not always fitting?? i dont know i;m trying to figure it out..hopefully i didnt fudge up the port or anything[/LIST]

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2002, 10:17 PM

congrats!

i'm in California, so I know we won't see ours until monday.. but WOOOOHOOO!!!

rbitdog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2002, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by Mac Zealot:
<STRONG>

Congrats, Theresa, ours is headed out in about 30 mins.

:F</STRONG>
I must be stoopid. I ordered one from the Macstore, they told me approx a month. It's been a week; I'm 23 on the list. Now I read about how I could have ordered from Outpost.com and already had it. I've never used mac, this will be my first one, and I can't wait. No getting out of the macstore deal either, no refunds.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2002, 12:51 AM

http://homepage.mac.com/thelastredman/PhotoAlbum13.html

thanks to apple, outpost.com and the man upstairs for giving me no dead pixels

The Jackalope
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2002, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by macthelastredman:
<STRONG>ordered mine tuesday afternoon, got it today...love it so far...no dead pixels...got lucky i guess. only thing that is annoying me at the moment is that i cant seem to get online with my cable modem??? i think i read something online about the ethernet cord not always fitting?? i dont know i;m trying to figure it out..hopefully i didnt fudge up the port or anything[/LIST]</STRONG>
Make sure that your ethernet cable isn't a crossover cable. Just in case.

Theresa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2002, 03:12 PM

I had the same problem with my cable modem. I was on the phone with the cable company all day yesterday, and they finally said they didn't know what the problem was, but they were guessing that there was a problem with the ethernet port.

Then, miraculously, after trying all sorts of configurations with the cables (my situation is complicated by the fact that I have a hub, with another computer also running off this modem) I got the iMac to work. Sweet relief!!! I really didn't want to send it back, as it seems perfect (no dead pixels!!!), and I'm quickly falling in love.

So, my advice is just play with those cables, and also, unplug the modem, turn off the machine and start all over with each cable you test.

Good luck, I hope you get it working soon.

Now I've got to go figure out how to transfer files from the old G3 to the new baby iMac.

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2002, 03:26 PM

Theresa, I'm in the same boat. My new iMac is great, also no dead pixels, but I can't get online, either with my cable modem or via dial-up (I started another thread on this topic). What's even stranger is that I did use a cross-over cable to link my old 233 iMac to the new one, and it worked fine for transfering files locally. So I guess that means there isn't a problem with the new iMac's Ethernet port. What configuration did you finally set up to get your new iMac online?

Thanks, NewsHound
Exit, pursued by a bear.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2002, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by NewsHound:
<STRONG>Theresa, I'm in the same boat. My new iMac is great, also no dead pixels, but I can't get online, either with my cable modem or via dial-up (I started another thread on this topic). What's even stranger is that I did use a cross-over cable to link my old 233 iMac to the new one, and it worked fine for transfering files locally. So I guess that means there isn't a problem with the new iMac's Ethernet port. What configuration did you finally set up to get your new iMac online?

Thanks, NewsHound</STRONG>
i read a post about this whole cable modem issue and i got it fixed...i guess when you connect a new mac to your cable modem your provider has to assign it a new ip or something..you should be able to give them a call and tell them you have a new machine you want to set up....

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2002, 04:59 PM

<STRONG>

i read a post about this whole cable modem issue and i got it fixed...i guess when you connect a new mac to your cable modem your provider has to assign it a new ip or something..you should be able to give them a call and tell them you have a new machine you want to set up....</STRONG>
Yeah, I've heard that, too, and I plan on calling my cable company, Adelphia, tonight. Is calling your company how you managed to get online?

What's strange, though, is that my dial-up connection won't work, either. I get an error message that says "authentication failed." There's no problem when I dial with my old iMac. I'm going to call that company tonight, too.

The real issue for me is getting the cable-modem problem fixed. The dial-up is just a back-up for when the cable's down. Of course, now, neither's working...
Exit, pursued by a bear.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2002, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by NewsHound:
<STRONG>

Yeah, I've heard that, too, and I plan on calling my cable company, Adelphia, tonight. Is calling your company how you managed to get online?

What's strange, though, is that my dial-up connection won't work, either. I get an error message that says "authentication failed." There's no problem when I dial with my old iMac. I'm going to call that company tonight, too.

The real issue for me is getting the cable-modem problem fixed. The dial-up is just a back-up for when the cable's down. Of course, now, neither's working...</STRONG>
yep i called and said i bought a new computer and i needed to set it up...i think their network or whatever just needs to recognize the new computer. am i know is i am happy i got it to work...i hope you get yours running too...

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2002, 08:05 PM

Thanks to Outpost.com, Airborne, and CharlieBrown (for posting that Outpost had them in stock) I am typing this from my iMac. It arrived safely and quickly and NO DEAD PIXELS!

It was a quick a quick setup and I had no problems at all.

Anyway, just wanted to post that mine arrived quickly and safely and thank everyone for all the info. If it weren't for you guys, I'd probally still be waiting for MacMall. Good luck to everyone else that purchased from Outpost and to those who are still waiting for their orders from other retailers.

Gotta get back to playing with my new iMac and iPod.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2002, 08:16 PM

Hehe, I forgot.. thanks charlie brown!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had an ipod to enjoy.

NewsHound
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2002, 11:26 PM

<STRONG>i hope you get yours running too...</STRONG>
And I did. As some of you suggested, here and in another thread on this topic, all I had to do was unplug the power from my cable modem, and then plug it back in again while it was attached to the new iMac.

So I'm typing this from my the new iMac 800 ordered Tuesday from Outpost. And did I mention no dead pixels! WooHoo! What a computer!
Exit, pursued by a bear.

Forum Links
Forum Rules