Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Does anyone listen to/watch "Loveline"?

Does anyone listen to/watch "Loveline"?
KeriVit
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2005, 10:18 PM

... with Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew.? Some of these people that call boggle my mind... but I can't stop. It's addictive to hear the strange stories of other's sex lives.

Gotta go... it's on now...!

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2005, 10:19 PM

I did a few years ago...a few times.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2005, 10:31 PM

I used to watch it all the time when it was on MTV. Good times, good times...

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2005, 10:47 PM

Yes. When they are good (which is MOST of the time) I think they are GREAT!

Dr. Drew is wonderful for putting up with Adam's arrogance. Drew is a terrific guy and a good host. Adam is a smart-ass-know-it-all (but a millionaire, literally!) who really does know A LOT and can be either really boring (when he's doing the stereotypical Southern California Top 40 DJ routine) or VERY insightful (when he hears a grown woman with a teeny little girl voice, it's a clue she might have been molested as a youngster).

I think I read that one of Adam's parents was a psychologist or psychiatrist.

They are very entertaining and I also enjoy hearing about other people's love/sex lives.

Does that make me an 'audieur?'

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2005, 11:50 PM

I used to listen to it when I was in high school. Met them both a couple of times. Adam is a pretty funny guy. It's pretty cool seeing how big he's gotten during the last decade, too. He went from doing a couple of characters on the KROQ morning show, to having his own show on TV. (Same thing with Adam's buddy, Jimmy Kimmel.)

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by E's Lil Theorem
I used to listen to it when I was in high school. Met them both a couple of times. Adam is a pretty funny guy. It's pretty cool seeing how big he's gotten during the last decade, too. He went from doing a couple of characters on the KROQ morning show, to having his own show on TV. (Same thing with Adam's buddy, Jimmy Kimmel.)
I'm glad Adam and jimmy are pals. But I think Jimmy's talents pale in comparison to Adam's.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 11:34 AM

I tuned into that show while driving late one night years ago. Adam Corolla had me laughing out loud. I remember one caller that had boyfriend trouble and it was something like:

Corolla: "..what a whiner...you're 24-years-old and you don't have a job. You're just spoiled."

Female caller: "I can't work, I have back problems."

Corolla: "What does that mean 'back problems?' Do you have some sort of medical condition or are you just lazy?"

Female caller: "No, its from being so topheavy. I'm a 44DD."

(pause)

Corolla: "Listen, I think we got off on the wrong foot here...."

WhaMe
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2005, 12:11 PM

The "Bethlehem Calling" skit that they did on KROQ's "Christmastime in the LBC" album nearly killed me with laughter. The first time I heard was in a friend's car. We were both laughing so hard that we were doubled over in our seats. He tried to pull to the side of the road so that he could stop driving until he regained his composure. In the process, he nearly hit a women walking on the side of the street.

Adam's Mr. Birchum character on KROQ was great as well.

viperstrike
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 12:25 PM

I started listening to it when it was hosted by The Poorman before syndication on KROQ in LA. What first got my attention while scanning stations: "Hello guys, I got some yellow crap coming out of my penis." What What What!?!?!

Back then, it was more of an informative show, now it's geared towards entertainment but still some good stuff. The show proves there are some pretty messed up people out there.

iNub
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2005, 12:56 PM

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2005, 02:29 PM

Podcast?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by KeyLimePi
I tuned into that show while driving late one night years ago. Adam Corolla had me laughing out loud. I remember one caller that had boyfriend trouble and it was something like:

Corolla: "..what a whiner...you're 24-years-old and you don't have a job. You're just spoiled."

Female caller: "I can't work, I have back problems."

Corolla: "What does that mean 'back problems?' Do you have some sort of medical condition or are you just lazy?"

Female caller: "No, its from being so topheavy. I'm a 44DD."

(pause)

Corolla: "Listen, I think we got off on the wrong foot here...."

ROFLMAO

Yup. That's a great example of Adam's very quick wit.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 02:48 PM

That was great. I think I may have actually been listening to the show live that night!

spatterson
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 02:56 PM

When I 16 I did, now (24) I just don't enjoy it

historylme
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 03:08 PM

I saw a live taping once used to listen to it all the time. Now... well... I have my own love line to pay attention to.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by history1me
I saw a live taping once used to listen to it all the time. Now... well... I have my own love line to pay attention to.
Ahhh, I get it. You have ALLLL the answers now! lol

historylme
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 04:49 PM

I don't, but the voices inmy head do.

KeriVit  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 06:11 PM

I find it quite entertaining. I don't listen to it for the advice, I'm past that. Not past advice, but past the age of most of the callers... It's better than some of the crap out there. Adam is funny but can get annoying, I understand.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 06:26 PM

I don't, but the voices inmy head do.
Well, that counts! Henry Ford's motto (when he wasn't advocating white superiority) was, I don't need to know how to build a car myself. All I need is to know a bunch of fellas who DO know how to build a car and get them all working together...for Henry Ford, that is!

Do the voices all work for you?

historylme
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2005, 07:48 PM

>What I meant to say in my original post was... ah, forget it.

>I don't have all the answers and neither does love line. Never did I claim that I did. Are you really taking my post seriously for this thread? Maybe I need to start using more of these .

>Wait, you may not be attacking me... So, if that's the case... I'm going to take my meds now.

[Apparently, the voices in my head don't know and are a bit touchy.]

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Aug 10, 2005, 08:15 PM

it is a great show, very entertaining, its just too bad Adam is going to leave Loveline pretty soon.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 09:19 PM

>What I meant to say in my original post was... ah, forget it.

>I don't have all the answers and neither does love line. Never did I claim that I did. Are you really taking my post seriously for this thread? Maybe I need to start using more of these .

>Wait, you may not be attacking me... So, if that's the case... I'm going to take my meds now.

[Apparently, the voices in my head don't know and are a bit touchy.]
Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. You are right. I was trying to be funny and congenial. But with mojo2 you never know, so you deserve credit for both giving me benefit of the doubt, but also for being careful.

I like that in a poster!

mojo2
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by TubaMuffins
it is a great show, very entertaining, its just too bad Adam is going to leave Loveline pretty soon.
Yeah, he has a new half hour show on Comedy Central called, "Too Late with Adam Corolla." M-F 11:30 pm.

EDIT: On last night's Too Late, he came up with slogans for Americans to use against other countries.

"Switzerland - Like France, but Pussier"

"Belgium - Thanks for the Waffles, now F@*# Off!"
( Last edited by mojo2; Aug 10, 2005 at 10:09 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules