Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Games, what else?

Games, what else?
imlas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 02:26 AM

O.K., sad as this may seem, the last computer I bought (Dell, four years ago) was for college work, but I decided on a PC because it would support my older games.

Question is, anyone know of a site that carries some of the older games in a MAC version as my next computer just might be a MAC?

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2005, 02:57 AM

Macs are not to be spelled in all caps. MAC is Machine Address code, not Macintosh.

As for your main question, I have no idea. Sorry
Linkinus is king.

imlas  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by brokenjago
Macs are not to be spelled in all caps. MAC is Machine Address code, not Macintosh.

As for your main question, I have no idea. Sorry

See, I'm learning already! Sorry 'bout the caps, I am rookie when it comes to the Macs!

Thanks for the info, I gues I will just have to modernize my games or go with a PC gaming machine and possibly a Mac work machine.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2005, 10:49 AM

Yeah, if you are purely wanting a gaming machine, a Mac is not the machine for you.

As far as finding old games, there are plenty of sites. InsideMacGames.com has a good online store, or you can always buy directly from the porter, such as Aspyr.com
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

swamibooba
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2005, 03:20 PM

If you're looking for old mac games, the Macintosh Garden is a great resource. There are DOS emulators too if you're into those old DOS games, but getting them to play without choppy sound or poor perfomance makes the situation almost not worth pursuing. Otherwise there's lots of cool little indie Mac games out there.

Oh, and Apple's Downloads section is a geat resource too, for games and apps of all kinds.
there is suffering; it is caused by attachment to desire; it ends by ending attachment; freedom from suffering is through the eightfold path.

Forum Links
Forum Rules