Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Minnesota Vikings Sex Party

Minnesota Vikings Sex Party (Page 2)
teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2005, 04:30 PM

Randman, the Vikings will never unload Daunte. Never.
Switched 7/7/05
12'' PowerBook G4 with AirPort Express, still goin' strong

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 24, 2005, 05:03 PM

alexander is a "decent" back ... tell how these numbers through 7 games are; 800 rush/rec yards, 12 td's.

those are excellent numbers and he will make primo money in free agency.

they will not trade culpepper - he just signed a huge contract and he is the franchise. yes, his numbers are down but don't be so quick to blame it on the departure of moss ... they lost daunte's offensive coordinator to miami.
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

nredman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 05:16 PM

i thought it interesting when daunte did his little pray thing on one knee after the game....and he didnt do his gay ass "get your roll on" thing after he got a touchdown...trying to be more professional i guess

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Busemann
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
As is European football. A bunch of idiots running around kicking some silly ball, and they're not even allowed to use their hands.
Hence the name 'football'

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
When it comes to brutal/tough sports, in my opinion Hockey(Ice) and Rugby rank the highest. American Football cant match , especially when compared to Rugby. Sure people get hurt, thats expected...can u imagine what the average Rugby/Gaelic football players go through on the playing field ?

Also i think American football is over hyped and over rated(thats my opinion though). Ive only played football a couple of times.....in Michigan(IM team) which i gladly gave up for softball and soccer. And at the beach.... which i found rather tiring and "slow"(if immaginable)(gave it up raher quickly when the the waves picked up again(surfing))... But yeah i havent experienced the "brutal" part of it.

But judging from the amount of armour used, i cant imagine it being tougher than similar sports that dont use all the protection (Rugby).
Rugby players can get away without wearing protection because they don't get hit as hard as one can get hit in American football. I'm not talking about pass-blocking, I'm talking about when a safety unloads on a wide receiver after a catch. I've only watched rugby a few times, but I never saw anyone actually launch themselves at another player, which does happen in American football.

That said, if we were going to take this pissing contest to its extreme and calculate some kind of ratio of padding to hits endured, I think pro American football and rugby would probably be about equal.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2005, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
i thought it interesting when daunte did his little pray thing on one knee after the game....and he didnt do his gay ass "get your roll on" thing after he got a touchdown...trying to be more professional i guess
Yeah I noticed that too.. he has only done the roll thing once this year...
Switched 7/7/05

bad_quote
Baninated
Oct 24, 2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
Rugby players can get away without wearing protection because they don't get hit as hard as one can get hit in American football. I'm not talking about pass-blocking, I'm talking about when a safety unloads on a wide receiver after a catch. I've only watched rugby a few times, but I never saw anyone actually launch themselves at another player, which does happen in American football.

That said, if we were going to take this pissing contest to its extreme and calculate some kind of ratio of padding to hits endured, I think pro American football and rugby would probably be about equal.
I think the difference is American Football players are extremely large stupid fat asses who are very powerful for very short periods of time. Then they need to rest during commericial break in order to have enough energy to play for the next 15 second playing duration.

Football SUCKS. Who cares.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2005, 09:40 PM

bad quote: Yes, you are right about some football players. However, football doesn't suck, and millions care.
Switched 7/7/05

bad_quote
Baninated
Oct 24, 2005, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by teney7
bad quote: Yes, you are right about some football players. However, football doesn't suck, and millions care.
Millions also watch nascar and american idol and drink shitty beer and work in factories and beat their wives.

Does that you should care or like it? No. Generally the more popular something is the more it sucks. Look at windows.

nredman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by bad_quote
Millions also watch nascar and american idol and drink shitty beer and work in factories and beat their wives.

Does that you should care or like it? No. Generally the more popular something is the more it sucks. Look at windows.

or post on the internet

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2005, 11:59 PM

Rob, if you don't like football, why post in a football thread?

Anyway, ESPN is reporting that Culpepper could very well be gone next year, partly for his performance on the field, and maybe for off-the-field stuff.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
Rob, if you don't like football, why post in a football thread?

Anyway, ESPN is reporting that Culpepper could very well be gone next year, partly for his performance on the field, and maybe for off-the-field stuff.

who on espn or what article? i cannot find it.
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 25, 2005, 09:37 AM

Some people think that if Arizona coach Denny Green is able to trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, the Vikings might be able to use the Cardinals' 2006 first-round draft pick to trade with San Diego for quarterback Philip Rivers.

http://benmaller.com/ (it links to a twincities.com website but I didn't register to read the article.

----

October 16
St. Paul Pioneer Press (Scroll Down) (registration required): "It the NFL will allow it, don't be surprised if Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, livid about the Lake Minnetonka escapade, doesn't release at least two participants soon... Some people wouldn't be surprised that if Daunte Culpepper falters in Chicago today, Arizona Cardinals coach Denny Green will try to trade for the Vikings quarterback before Tuesday's NFL deadline."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/12913898.htm

-------

The ESPN was a notes item from Chris Mortensen.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2005, 11:22 AM

ESPN sucks sometimes, they have turned into a bloated sports program. Yeah, I watch them all the time, but they have no idea what is really going on in MN. I would be appalled if they traded Culpepper.

BTW, in the twin cities, the real paper is the Star-Tribune, I read it every day and I have heard nothing about this ridiculous trade.
Switched 7/7/05

songoku912
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2005, 12:37 PM

Well...I'll be damned.

DarwinX
Oct 25, 2005, 12:54 PM

I used to be a Mike Tice apologist. I realize and admit to fully being wrong on this front. He has to go.

I'd hate to be the same way about Culpepper but I really don't think the Vikings will trade him.

The offensive line has almost been nonexistent this year. The first 3 or 4(?) games he played without an offensive coordinator in the booth. There was also no set running game plan or back of choice. He has shown when given time he can find the open receiver and make the plays necessary. I also agree that losing Scott Linehan last year was a big blow(even more so than losing Moss). Given the right support Culpepper can and will be successful.

Note: I don't know how I'll feel when the truth of the matter comes out on his/if any involvement in the boat scandal.

Just my 2 cents.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by DarwinX
I used to be a Mike Tice apologist. I realize and admit to fully being wrong on this front. He has to go.

I'd hate to be the same way about Culpepper but I really don't think the Vikings will trade him.

The offensive line has almost been nonexistent this year. The first 3 or 4(?) games he played without an offensive coordinator in the booth. There was also no set running game plan or back of choice. He has shown when given time he can find the open receiver and make the plays necessary. I also agree that losing Scott Linehan last year was a big blow(even more so than losing Moss). Given the right support Culpepper can and will be successful.

Note: I don't know how I'll feel when the truth of the matter comes out on his/if any involvement in the boat scandal.

Just my 2 cents.
Yay! Someone who knows what they are talking about...!
Switched 7/7/05

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
As is European football. A bunch of idiots running around kicking some silly ball, and they're not even allowed to use their hands. Meanwhile, the hooligans drink and fight and countless fans die when dumbass Europeans riot like a bunch of animals killing scores of people.
Stop whining that the rest of the world plays football with the foot. Bitch.
And whatever this has to do with Europe...
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Forum Links
Forum Rules