Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Feedback on site/concept

Feedback on site/concept
rampguy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2005, 07:19 PM

Hi,

I run a small software company---started off writing Mac shareware 13 years ago. Our main product right now is www.didtheyreadit.com.

A lot of people don't pay for shareware (even when they continue using it), so recently we introduced a model to allow people to use our products for free if they complete some kind of free partner offer, like signing up for an eBay account or a Discover Card. This way, it costs the user nothing, but we still get paid something, and we give them the software for free.

Would you consider something like signing up for a credit card or some other free trial service in order to get some product for free? Or would you rather just always pay?

Seeing as this was working pretty well, we launched a new site:
http://www.mavishare.com

This basically is the same concept, but we pay people instantly via PayPal for completing the same offers. For example, we pay you $40 if you sign up for Earthlink, or $7 for eBay, $25 for Discover Card, $10 for Real SuperPass, etc.

If anyone has any feedback, I would much appreciate it. I'm not trying to spam the board---I have been a member of these boards for 2 years

Thanks,

Alex

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2005, 07:29 PM

I like the concept of 'free' shareware for completing an offer, but you should still have to option to pay because some people would object to that.

Sites look good.

rampguy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2005, 07:34 PM

Thanks. What kind of offers would you be willing to complete for free shareware? Is a credit card signup (you never have to use it, just sign up and get approved) too much of a pain?

If you want a free copy of our stuff for your feedback, just let me know

Thanks,

Alex

Forum Links
Forum Rules