Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iDVD 4 woes....

iDVD 4 woes....
Centris650
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 7, 2005, 08:53 AM

I've never had a major problem with iDVD in the past. I've been using it since probably v2. Now I can't burn a DVD to save my life! I can't figure it out. Here's what I'm running...

MDD Dual 1 gig
1.25 gig ram
iDVD 4.0.1
Tiger

I burned a DVD a few months ago with no problem. I can't figure out what's wrong. Here's what's changed since then...

Running Tiger (Had been running panther)
Added 512 ram.

I'm trying to burn a 20 min movie and it takes about 6 hours. Most of the time it errors out and closes but when it does finish either I can't read the DVD on any computer or player or it's really choppy and sometimes missing the audio.

I went and bought a 120 internal drive. I made it a stripped raid drive and tried to burn the movie again. No luck. I reformated the drive and loaded panther on. Booted from it and am currently trying to burn my dvd. (It's on hour 7) So I don't know if this will work.

Sigh. Any and all help would be great. I've got to have this dvd by this weekend. Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope.
><> 1 Peter 3:15-16

Centris650  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 8, 2005, 07:01 PM

Well, it worked. There seems to be a problem with Tiger and iDVD 4. Good thing I was planning to by iLife 06 anyway. If anyone knows of a fix for IDVD 4 in tiger I'd like to know it.

Thanks.

ferg
Forum Regular
Dec 9, 2005, 07:41 AM

I am having the same problem, how did you work around it?

Centris650  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2005, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ferg
I am having the same problem, how did you work around it?
Reinstall panther. The problem seems to be with Tiger

I also let iDVD compile the file before I burned it. After that I've had no problems. I've left my computer on and the iDVD file open and now can burn each additional disk really fast. Hope this helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules