Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best looking mouse for Powerbook

Best looking mouse for Powerbook
K107
Jan 7, 2006, 08:28 PM

Ok as mac lovers we love the design of the products. But unfortunately not all accessories out there looks nice with our mac products. Am looking for a great look mouse the will look nice with my Powerbook.

I'm in search of something sliver,grey anything that looks great with a PB. I can't seem to find anything nice or recent. The mouse has to be bluetooth or wireless. I'm not sure which is best though.

The mighty mouse is out of the question because it one button plus I would like something that will fit great in my hand. The mac mice's are to little and not round enough on top to fill your hands. I hate that.

Logitech makes great mice's. Like the MX1000 but the color is not what am looking for.

Any suggestions.

cbk1994
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2006, 10:16 PM

I would recommend Bluetooth, because it leaves one of your USB ports free, instead of using it for the adapter.

I use a targus, which look -okay, though it is not a bluetooth, as that was too expensive for me.

a few tips for buying:
-You might want to get a rechargable one, or one that has batteries that can be taken out and put in a regular battery charger.
-Don't make too much of a fuss about whether it is Bluetooth or just plain wireless. You won't notice a huge difference.
-It is a very good idea to get a laser mouse as opposed to a ball track, as it will slide along the mouse pad much better.
-If you get a new mouse, you might want a new mouse pad. Personaly, I wouldn't recomend the mac mouse pad series, as (in my opinion), they don't very nice, and because they don't work too well either.
-Especialy with a laser mouse, I would most certainly recomend getting a plastic mouse pad, not the old cloth kind. The old kind does not work too well with laser mice, and they will dirtier a lot faster, and be very hard to clean.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
15" MacBook Pro (unibody), 4 GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.6.2

cbk1994
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2006, 10:18 PM

-Post double posted. Sorry. A moderator can delete this post-
15" MacBook Pro (unibody), 4 GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.6.2

K107  (op)
Jan 7, 2006, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the great helpful tips Do you or anyone know of a mice that would look good with a PB?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2006, 12:10 AM

I have one.

edit: Bah, not wireless, but still fantastic. I spent a long time looking for a great wireless (BT or RF) mouse and couldn't find any that could compare with the LM6k.
( Last edited by mduell; Jan 8, 2006 at 01:38 AM. )

K107  (op)
Jan 8, 2006, 02:33 AM

Yeah its not wireless or BT. I'm really looking for a wireless or BT

robby818
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2006, 06:02 AM

Logitech V270

Pluses: bluetooth, on/off switch, silver or charcoal color, OS X supports basic functions w/o the need for drivers, logitech makes great mice

Con: Doesn't look that great, simple design but nothing special.

I ordered one last week, should be here in a few days. I have never seen one in the local (California) retail stores but it is available at many on line sites.

The reviews I have read are pretty positive, but I also read that bluetooth mice do not track very smoothly, and battery life can be an issue as well. Maybe we'll see more bluetooth mice this year- makes sense since many laptops now have bluetooth built in.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10916

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2006, 06:48 AM

Logitech has a new keyboard-mouse combo for Mac, but is it not BT… and I guess you can not get the mouse alone…

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11420

K107  (op)
Jan 8, 2006, 11:57 PM

The Logitech V270 is kind of a plain mouse. It doesn't really have all the bells and whistles that I;m looking for.

That new keyboard-mouse, the Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac looks nice. The mouse looks a lot like the mx610 but white. This is something more along the line of something that I was looking for. That would look great next to my PB.

I'm not a big fan of the mx610 though. I was at bestbuy and I did not like the feel of that mouse in my hand. Its missing a little something to it. I love the feel of the mx1000 but I wish it came in white or sliver to match my PB.

Thanks for the links, I was at the logitech site and I must of over looked that combo. That's why I like posting here, someone will always point out something I missed. Any more mouses out there?

Forum Links
Forum Rules