Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Why are people stupid? Re: polls

Why are people stupid? Re: polls (Page 2)
chris v
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2006, 11:11 PM

I don't understand why anyone would care who sleeps with who, so long as we're talking adults.

If your religion says it's sinful, don't do it. Duh.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
None of this is of any use.

So I'll dish out some good advice: Don't throw up after you've been eating tiramisu - it's the worst tasting vomit ever.

Yak!
You need some of Grandpa's Muleskin cookies. Eate 'em, wipe 'em off, eat 'em again.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

deej5871
Senior User
May 27, 2006, 01:34 AM

I know this is kind of off-topic but did anyone else find the last poll in the link just a little ironic?

"Yeah, all those people that are blaming others are hurting society's moral standards...Not me though."

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
May 27, 2006, 09:56 AM

I blame the blamers! Heh.

Kevin
Baninated
May 27, 2006, 01:06 PM

When is America going to finally progress enough to the point where we can begin to accept the mere existence of gays?
Who denies the existence of gays?

And progress, what goal are you inferring when you say progress?

progress infers you have a goal. Either good or bad.

Some people believe progress means good. Not always.

paul w
Mac Elite
May 27, 2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Who denies the existence of gays?
Um, I think it was clearly accept as in tolerate, abide and so on. I think we've established gays exist.

Kevin
Baninated
May 27, 2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by paul w
Um, I think it was clearly accept as in tolerate, abide and so on. I think we've established gays exist.
Well tolerance isn't accepting someone's beliefs.

Tolerance is how you treat those you disagree with.

I think besson is speaking about accepting the beliefs as well.

As you can be tolerant to homosexuals, and still think it's wrong.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 27, 2006, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by paul w

Yes, I thought this was implicit. I guess Kevin was just excited about another opportunity to be self-righteous about something. It's a good thing we have him around!

Also implicit was that people seem to be against gays existing, since so many are against them having relationships, and the fact that they have homosexual relations is sort of the primary identifying (and redundant) characteristic of them.

Kevin
Baninated
May 27, 2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Yes, I thought this was implicit. I guess Kevin was just excited about another opportunity to be self-righteous about something. It's a good thing we have him around!
Huh? What was I being self righteous about?

Simply asking a question? Stop this silliness besson.
Also implicit was that people seem to be against gays existing, since so many are against them having relationships, and the fact that they have homosexual relations is sort of the primary identifying (and redundant) characteristic of them.
Who in this forum feels this way? I don't know of any.

IF ANYONE in here was acting self righteous besson... it was you with your "Why are people so stupid.. " comments.

Salty
Professional Poster
May 27, 2006, 04:08 PM

Honestly I'm glad I'm Canadian... at least up here me being gay isn't a complete taboo... sept in my house... haha...

Forum Links
Forum Rules