Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Can't Save/Export from QT

Can't Save/Export from QT
Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Dec 27, 2001, 06:59 PM

It seems more and more trailers are coming out with the "Save as..." disabled. Is there any way around this? I am trying to extract the audio from cool trailers and burn a trailer CD for my own personal use.

Also, there are some QT movies that apparently can only play through Explorer and not QT. Same question above applies: How do I extract the audio?

Thanks
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

NeoMac
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2001, 09:44 PM

I agree, this protection mechanism chucks ash!

I really, really, reeeeeeally wanted a copy of the "Pearl Harbor" movie trailer but it didn't allow 'Save As...'. I hated the movie, but I think the trailer is excellent.
"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

DayDream Believers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2001, 11:39 PM

Go to http://www.amazesoft.com/ and get FlashGet, as this is a windows app open in Windows (come on let's admit it we all own one or even two) and then copy URL to clipboard then past in FlashGet window and then a window appears and asks you where to download and then redirect to C drive or D drive if you have a D that is......

Tom

Dan Szwarc  (op)
Senior User
Dec 27, 2001, 11:54 PM

I want an all macintosh solution. I don't have room for VPC on my PB and I gave the wife the windows PC.

Shortly after the LOTR teaser came out, it was available everywhere on the net even though the trailer was not "saveable". Sombody knows how to do it. Could it be that that somebody uses a PC? I don't think so.... not with Quicktime! There has to be a hack!

I found a workaround, but it sucks. I route the audio out to the audio in and record it while it plays. Sucks, Apple's sound hardware is very noisy, but it got me a few files....

Any mac suggestions?
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

DayDream Believers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2001, 12:19 AM

Alright you want a Mac fix try SiteSucker go to Download.com and there it is.....Yes it does work and yes it does save the file you open with the URL that you can copy and paste yet in some cases even when you go to the Preferences and choose 1 or 2 deep or more there are problems with firewalls....

Yet this app does work clean and free, FlashGet blows the doors off as it has more.....

Tom

Forum Links
Forum Rules