Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > All my pictures in iPhoto have disappeared!

All my pictures in iPhoto have disappeared!
bkpbc1
Jun 4, 2006, 05:00 PM

I have been using iPhoto several times since getting my MacBook last week, and I even imported all of my pictures and put them in specific folders. I just opened iPhoto and there are no photos in it at all and all of my folders have disappeared. I opened my Pictures folder in the Mac hard drive and they are all there, so why aren't they in iPhoto? I know I could just drag them back in there, but I don't want this happening again and I also don't want to have to organize them in folders all over again.

Any help would be appreciated!

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2006, 05:49 PM

As soon as you click on the iPhoto icon to open it, hold down the apple key and the option key until it asks you to rebuild the database. See if that works. If not, I'm not sure what else to try.

bkpbc1  (op)
Jun 4, 2006, 06:06 PM

Yeah, it asked me if I wanted to rebuild the library, and I chose yes to all the options they gave me, but it did nothing.

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2006, 07:14 PM

Did you move or delete anything within the iPhoto Library folder, in the Finder?

bkpbc1  (op)
Jun 4, 2006, 08:06 PM

I'm not sure what you mean... (I'm new to Macs)

But I just tried dragging the photos from the iPhoto Library folder on my HD into iPhoto, and it said "These photos are already in the iPhoto Library folder" - obviously, but why aren't they showing up when I open iPhoto?

sknapp351
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2006, 09:12 PM

Try holding option when you start iPhoto and then browse to your iPhoto folder and select it as your library. This might not help, but worth a try.
SAm

Gordio
Jun 4, 2006, 10:34 PM

Did your profile change? Sometimes it does for a reason. My powerbook (g4) used to occasionally get confused and all my preferences and desktop wallpaper change and I have to reset them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules