Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > My fun thread about SODOMY

My fun thread about SODOMY
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:25 AM

How come Jesus didn't like SODOMY? How is the act any less pure than any other sexual act such as masturbation, oral sex, hand jobs, etc.? Can Christian lovers commit SODOMY in good conscious?

Some people say that the butt was only designed for stuff to come out. Well, the body wasn't necessarily designed for people to poke objects through skin punctures, and for people to paint permanent stuff on the skin, and for people to make themselves weigh 500 pounds after eating loads of fast food, but is this sort of body mutilation considered a sin?

Do Christians disapprove of gay love affairs partially (or entirely) because of the assumption that gay people will be committing SODOMY? What percentage of gay lovers SODOMIZE each other, if you had to wager a guess? How can somebody be gay and a Christian at the same time if SODOMY is a sin?

I think this is all my questions for now. I just figured it was about time we had a serious thread about SODOMY.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 07:27 AM

Jesus didn't like sodomy?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by BRussell
Jesus didn't like sodomy?
There was that whole Sodom and Gamore thing (spelling probably way off).

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 07:38 AM

I suggest reading a bible before making those kinds of comments. Jesus had nothing to do with Sodom and Gomorrah. BTW, where is this thread? There's a link to it from the lounge, but not in the P/W lounge where it supposedly exists. Did Jesus strike it down?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:40 AM

I suggest reading a bible before making those kinds of comments. Jesus had nothing to do with Sodom and Gomorrah. BTW, where is this thread? There's a link to it from the lounge, but not in the P/W lounge where it supposedly exists. Did Jesus strike it down?

Where did Sodom and Gomorrah come from then?

P.S. do you like SODOMY yourself?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Some people say that the butt was only designed for stuff to come out. Well, the body wasn't necessarily designed for people to poke objects through skin punctures, and for people to paint permanent stuff on the skin, and for people to make themselves weigh 500 pounds after eating loads of fast food, but is this sort of body mutilation considered a sin?
Actually, yes.

Doing the wound is obviously depraved, so doesn't even warrant a mention.
Tattoos are forbidden in the Bible. Don't ask me where - I can't remember.
And you've never heard of "gluttony"?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 07:42 AM

Oh, I personally enjoy sodomy of all types.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:44 AM

I suggest reading a bible before making those kinds of comments. Jesus had nothing to do with Sodom and Gomorrah.
Except the whole bit about Sodom and Gomorrah being razed by God, and Jesus being God.

BTW, where is this thread? There's a link to it from the lounge, but not in the P/W lounge where it supposedly exists. Did Jesus strike it down?
Database is really weird this last half hour. Posts are going all over the show.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Actually, yes.

Doing the wound is obviously depraved, so doesn't even warrant a mention.
Tattoos are forbidden in the Bible. Don't ask me where - I can't remember.
And you've never heard of "gluttony"?

I've heard of gluttony, but I've never heard of Christians getting up in people's faces for being fat the way they get up in the faces of gays. Ditto for people with tattoos.

What do you mean by "doing the wound"? Is that British slang for SODOMY? How is it depraved?

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 07:46 AM

Yes, very strange, this. I think the board has it's am/pm mixed up. ha!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:47 AM

Database is really weird this last half hour. Posts are going all over the show.

Looks like an admin decided to change the NTP/clock settings on the server.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 07:58 AM

Ya this thread seems to exist in the netherworld, or something

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:03 AM

I've heard of gluttony, but I've never heard of Christians getting up in people's faces for being fat the way they get up in the faces of gays. Ditto for people with tattoos.
Well, by and large they don't get up in people's faces about gays either, Phelps and his ilk aside.

In fact, the only time I've know Christians get in people's faces about gays is when gays are in people's faces about being gay. Reaction to a push, not an action in itself.

What do you mean by "doing the wound"? Is that British slang for SODOMY? How is it depraved?
Doing = shagging.

You mentioned poking object through skin punctures. I thought you'd moved on from pooping on people's kitchen tables and been watching "Crash" or something.

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 08:03 AM

Oh, I personally enjoy sodomy of all types.
there are types? I'm confused - also not sure I want to know, arrgh... just brought back mental image of ******.

^ don't google that, seriously, if you don't know, you are almost certainly better off that way.

just noticed it * out the word, probably for the best

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Ya this thread seems to exist in the netherworld, or something
It's like a little secret garden or something.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 08:08 AM

By type I imagine he is refering to the four pillars of sodomy:

You doing a man
A man doing you
You doing a woman
A woman doing you (it's possible)

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:10 AM

You forgot gerbils. So that's eight pillars.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
there are types? I'm confused - also not sure I want to know, arrgh... just brought back mental image of ******.

^ don't google that, seriously, if you don't know, you are almost certainly better off that way.

just noticed it * out the word, probably for the best
Well I thought sodomy referred to basically any type of "insertion" other than, um, regular.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 04:57 PM

Well I thought sodomy referred to basically any type of "insertion" other than, um, regular.
Only in Americaâ„¢

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 05:56 PM

I looked it up - I didn't know it referred to oral sex as well as anal. I like the old word for anal sex: buggery. Sounds good.

Doofy, let's not go there with the gerbils, my mind boggles. I've got enough on handling that other thing, without bringing animals into the equation.

There are some things I wish I never knew.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 06:05 PM

I looked it up - I didn't know it referred to oral sex as well as anal.
Where did you look it up? US-biased OS X dictionary? I'm pretty sure we didn't know it means oral because it actually doesn't here. I could be wrong, of course, but I've never heard it used in that way outside of NA.

I like the old word for anal sex: buggery. Sounds good.

Doofy, let's not go there with the gerbils, my mind boggles. I've got enough on handling that other thing, without bringing animals into the equation.

There are some things I wish I never knew.
Oh give over. I find it impossible to believe that you live in London and haven't heard just about everything there is to hear.

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 06:24 PM

in German it means zoophilia, apparently.

I've heard about people doing things with gerbils and other creatures. Each to their own. I just don't need to think about it, then I get curious and want to know what they actually do, then I realise I was better off before I knew.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 06:34 PM

I've heard about people doing things with gerbils and other creatures. Each to their own. I just don't need to think about it, then I get curious and want to know what they actually do, then I realise I was better off before I knew.
There was a good documentary on the TV about this a couple of years back. They even had a song:

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead
Hurry onward Lemmiwinks, or you will soon be dead
The journey before you may be long and filled with woe
But you must escape the gay man's ass so your tale can be told
Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks journeyed a distance far and fast
To find his way out of a gay man's ass
The road ahead is filled with danger and fright
But push onwards Lemmiwinks with all of your might
I know what you mean though. I still wish that nobody had ever explained "felching" to me.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 26, 2006, 07:01 PM

How come Jesus didn't like SODOMY?
Is this you showing us how to be tolerant and acceptant?

Is this the liberal way of doing things?

OR were you just drunk and decided it would be COOL to post such a thing? Esp in the lounge?

Seriously, this is about as juvenile as you can get besson.

How old are you again?

Does your wife know you act like this online?
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 26, 2006 at 07:11 PM. )

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 07:43 PM

Ahhh.. I didn't know that SODOMY also includes oral.

Here is the Wikipedia on Sodom and Gomorrah:

Genesis chapter 19 is concerned with the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by God. Genesis 19:4-8 (NASB) says:
"Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them." But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said, "Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. "Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof." "
The most straightforward interpretation of this text is that the men of Sodom wanted to have sex with the men who had come to Lot. This is disputed because they ask to "have relations with them", however in the context of Lot asking them not to do a wicked thing and offering his daughters "who have not had relations with man" it is clear that it refers to sexual relations.
Whether or not homosexual rape was the sin recorded in this incident, that does not mean that God chose to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for this reason alone. Some other interpretations have been proposed as to why exactly God chose to destroy them, including inhospitality, rape, homosexuality and greed. Ezekiel 16:49-50 (TNIV) gives one of the first interpretations of the events:
"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."
In the New Testament, Jude 1:7 (TNIV) says:
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion."
While this reference specifically mentions "sexual immorality" it is not clear whether or not it is condemning homosexuality as such. It is agreed by some interpreters on all sides of the debate that while the sins of Sodom may include sexual sins, the ambiguity means that it cannot be used to condemn homosexual relationships (Hilborn 2002, p.3; Compton 2003). Hilborn (ibid.) also argues that the men's actions are "a manifestation of much deeper-seated sins of idolatry, pride and rebellion". It has also been argued that, especially given the near parallel in Judges 19 (especially verse 22), that the wickedness of Sodom was homosexual rape (Issues in human sexuality, para 2.12). This same report (ibid.) also argues that the other references in both the Old and New Testament are general and that while Sodom became "a stock image for extreme sinfulness" it was not "a symbol for one particular sin". Other interpreters see the context of Genesis 19:4-8 as a clear indication that homosexuality is at least one specific sin responsible for the destruction of Sodom (Homosexuality: The Christian Perspective, Q. 3; White-Neill 2002; Bahnsen 1978).

Rather ambiguous. I guess oral sex is considered a sexual perversion too, and is a sinful act? Or, is it only homosexual rape that is a sin?

This bible stuff is confusing. How are people to know whether or not they should commit SODOMY?

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 26, 2006, 07:52 PM

It was about their total sexual promiscuity besson.

The acts they were doing was named after the cities. It wasn't so much the acts, but the total giving into lusts of the flesh.

Not that this hadn't been discussed many times in here. All you had to do is a search.

So, what was the purpose of this thread besson?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:04 PM

This is a great family thread.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:21 PM

Okay, so if SODOMY also includes oral sex, how come gay people are often labeled as sinners because they can be assigned the label of "SODOMITES"? Lots of straight people like to have oral sex. Who doesn't like oral sex? It rules!

I still find it odd that a straight Christian couple having oral sex out of wedlock seems to be more pure than a married gay couple having oral sex? Can a Christian married person have oral sex, even though this is sodomy?

There just seems to be many inconsistencies and hypocrisies here. It must be hard if you are one of those people that interprets the bible literally as your personal rule book.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:45 PM

There just seems to be many inconsistencies and hypocrisies here. It must be hard if you are one of those people that interprets the bible literally as your personal rule book.
Tell ya what - why don't you actually go read the Bible and show us some of these rules regarding "sodomy"?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 08:54 PM

Okay, so if SODOMY also includes oral sex,
Why do you always capitalize SODOMY? Is it an acronym for something?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 09:30 AM

Tell ya what - why don't you actually go read the Bible and show us some of these rules regarding "sodomy"?

Is sodomy not a sin?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 09:31 AM

Why do you always capitalize SODOMY? Is it an acronym for something?

No, I just wanted it to stick out.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:41 AM

Is sodomy not a sin?
I'd class it as one, simple because it's a deviation, a perversion. However, the Bible doesn't say it's a sin. In fact, AFAIK it doesn't mention it at all. It says don't get partying with another male, but it doesn't mention the actual act of sodomy.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:44 AM

I'd class it as one, simple because it's a deviation, a perversion. However, the Bible doesn't say it's a sin. In fact, AFAIK it doesn't mention it at all. It says don't get partying with another male, but it doesn't mention the actual act of sodomy.

Where did the term "sodomite" come from then, in a biblical context?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:47 AM

Haven't you got Wikipedia on that there Internet of yours?

Railroader
Banned
Jun 27, 2006, 10:50 AM

Sin is sin.

Why do non-believers always think there is a level to sin?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Sin is sin.

Because they don't get it. They think that religion is just a set of rules to remove their freedoms.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:55 AM

Where did the term "sodomite" come from then, in a biblical context?
It's a reference to anyone who engages in "deviant" sexual behavior, including: oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, zoophilia, pre-marital sex, etc.... pretty much any sex that isn't husband-on-wife "missionary position", including rear-entry coital sex and female dominant positions. Needless to say, things have relaxed a great deal in 3500 years.

The term itself comes from Sodom, in the story of Lot. However, nowhere in that story does it specifically mention anal sex.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

OSX Abuser
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2006, 10:59 AM

As a married man I enjoy a bit of the sodomy with my dear wife

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
It's a reference to anyone who engages in "deviant" sexual behavior, including: oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, zoophilia, pre-marital sex, etc.... pretty much any sex that isn't husband-on-wife "missionary position", including rear-entry coital sex and female dominant positions. Needless to say, things have relaxed a great deal in 3500 years.

The term itself comes from Sodom, in the story of Lot. However, nowhere in that story does it specifically mention anal sex.

Thanks for this info, this is what I suspected but I don't have the background to assert this.

So, if sin is sin and all of these deviant sexual acts are sin, it seems pretty clear to me that Christians can choose to either cherry pick parts of the bible and sort of disregard all of this, or they can decide to not sin.

Is my logic flawwed?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 11:00 AM

Disagree. I don't believe oral, masturbation, pre-marital or female dominant positions were included as "deviant".

Remember that the main thrust of the story was that as soon as a couple of strangers appeared in town, a lot of the male population wanted to rape them. I don't see that level of depravity as anything even vaguely similar to "her on top" or "do it yourself".

Dakar
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Sin is sin.

Probably because there's levels to crimes.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 11:11 AM

Thanks for this info, this is what I suspected but I don't have the background to assert this.

So, if sin is sin and all of these deviant sexual acts are sin, it seems pretty clear to me that Christians can choose to either cherry pick parts of the bible and sort of disregard all of this, or they can decide to not sin.

Is my logic flawwed?
Well, the term was coined by the RC Church, and if you're a member of said church I'd imagine that it would be a good question to ask. Such persons should take this matter up with their priest or Bishop if it bothers them.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2006, 11:15 AM

A coupla points about the Sodom & Gomorrah story:

1. The mob wanted to rape the strangers, not just "have sex" with them. This could be as much about the sin of rape, which everyone agrees upon, as about sodomy.
2. The strangers who the men wanted to rape were angels. It could be a story about how you shouldn't rape angels, as much as about homosexuality.
3. The cities weren't destroyed because of the attempted rape of the angels, God had already singled them out for destruction. The angels going there was to give them one last chance.

In addition, the morality of the story is typically twisted Old Testament:

Lot offers his young daughters to be raped by a mob in order to please them.
God mass murders all the inhabitants of several cities.
Lot's wife is killed for rubbernecking.

Those are some good moral values. But homosexuality? That's a sin!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 11:17 AM

Well, the term was coined by the RC Church, and if you're a member of said church I'd imagine that it would be a good question to ask. Such persons should take this matter up with their priest or Bishop if it bothers them.

So you are saying that you disagree with the Roman Catholics with this bible interpretation? How do *you* interpret all of this, if you don't mind me asking?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by OSX Abuser
As a married man I enjoy a bit of the sodomy with my dear wife
Me too. I mean, with my wife, not yours. That business with your wife is over now, I swear.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2006, 11:30 AM

Disagree. I don't believe oral, masturbation, pre-marital or female dominant positions were included as "deviant".

Remember that the main thrust of the story was that as soon as a couple of strangers appeared in town, a lot of the male population wanted to rape them. I don't see that level of depravity as anything even vaguely similar to "her on top" or "do it yourself".
It was a catch-all term used by the RC to control through fear, so they lumped everything that bothered them into one term, sodomy. Sure, many people today use the term to strictly mean anal sex, but that's not it's origin.

Personally, as long as people aren't getting hurt (unless that their thang), I don't consder anything like that deviant... hence, my use of these buggers ----> " "
- Thomas Paine

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 27, 2006, 11:39 AM

Because they don't get it. They think that religion is just a set of rules to remove their freedoms.
If they don't "get it" especially besson, it is of their own fault As this has been discussed out the wazzooo.

No, this is just yet another one of bessons childish little trolls.

besson THINKS he is making a point here. And that is sad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules