Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > text clipping not recognized

text clipping not recognized
Signe
Aug 12, 2000, 04:04 PM

I want to print out the Applications report on Apple System Profiler after clicking on "New Report," but cannot because "Print" under File is grayed out. So I dragged it to the Desktop as a text clipping. I have not done this before, and do not know how to print the clipping after I open it. "Print" is grayed out for that as well. I tried to open it using Simple Text, Claris, and Tex-Edit. None of these programs will recognize the Text Clipping icon. I tried changing the name, but made no difference.

Please tell me how I can print this out. I'm sure it is something quite simple, but I'm not getting it. This is a Performa 6200, OS 8.1, and ASP 2.1.2.

Patrick
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2000, 05:51 PM

Try dragging the text clipping icon into a Simpletext window. Or just copy and paste - it's only text, so that should work just fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules