Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Web sites that synch with Mac

Web sites that synch with Mac
gwalrath
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2000, 02:46 PM

I'm looking for a web site that will allow me to synchronize data with my Mac. I currently use a PC at work with anyday.com, and the software is great for synchronizing my notes-based calendar, address book and to-do's with anyday, so I can get to the information anywhere. However, I'd also like to be able to synchronize my Outlook Express address book and Claris Organizer calendar with anyday, but they don't have a Mac version of the software.

Is there a web site similar to anyday that does this?
000000----------0000000
Greg Walrath
000000----------0000000

iYeat
Aug 19, 2000, 11:01 PM

There are 2 ways to go with this:

1) I heard that Intranets.com is currently developing sync software so you may be able to use that. It's just heresay and in no way a confirmed rumor.

2) Now Up-To-Date. This is what I use. It's available from http://www.actionutilities.com. You can install it on one machine as a server, and use NUTD clients to access that server via the 'net from anywhere, so long as you don't have to go through any kind of super secure firewall. This works GREAT and I've had zero problems with it.
"My software never has bugs. It merely develops random, undocumented features."
-Anonymous

gwalrath  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 20, 2000, 12:10 AM

Well, I guess we'll see. I have had a an Intranets.com account for some time now, and I posted the question to the help desk about it, so we'll see what happens.

As for the NUTD - I love the product, and actually used to use it for the calendar server some years ago when it first came out - great product for the time, and I'm sure it still is. I may also consider this as an option, though it may be difficult with a shared DSL connection.
000000----------0000000
Greg Walrath
000000----------0000000

Forum Links
Forum Rules