Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Top Case off slightly.

Top Case off slightly.
HarriganC
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2006, 12:15 AM

I received my macbook back today after the logic board and optical drive were replaced, all is good so far. I have noticed though, when reassembled the front left top case is a millimeter higher than the right... the right is flush with the bottom case. I really dont want to have it in for repair again for a such a slight concern. Does anyone know if this could be attributed to a certain set of screws that could be removed, case aligned, and then replaced? If not I guess i'll just deal with it.

Thanks,

CH

HarriganC  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 09:29 PM

Bump? no one?

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 11:51 PM

I wish I could help you. I have no idea. Perhaps if you consult the Apple Service manual? (if you can get your hands on one)
Linkinus is king.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2006, 01:03 AM

take a hammer, and a 2x4, place the 2x4 over the spot and whail away on it, like it owes you money.... actaully my MBP is the same but i haven't sent it in for reparis yet. take it to the apple store, they just need to re-seat it.

fox-orian
Jul 21, 2006, 08:33 PM

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/86.0.0.html
Here you go, man. This is what you need right here to make adjustments on your own.

Opening any part of the macbook does not void warranty. The Apple repairmen are probably usually a bit rushed, so I imagine they skimped on re-assembling your macbook

Just follow the iFixit guide and you should be able to fix it yourself

Forum Links
Forum Rules