Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15" Apple Studio Display (ADC)

FS: 15" Apple Studio Display (ADC)
jtfolden
Jul 20, 2006, 02:39 PM

I have a 15" Apple Studio Display here in great condition with no bad pixels. It was gently used by my mother with her Power Mac until she upgraded to a 19" display. She still has the original box for this, too. On eBay the prices seem to fluctuate so any respectable offer will be considered.

Should be able to get some pics, if needed.

I am, also, more than willing to trade this for any decent, lower end G3/G4 system w/built-in FireWire ports.

EDIT: Okay people, last chance... $95.00 + shipping. Going to resort to eBay on Saturday if not sold.

Thanks,
John
( Last edited by jtfolden; Aug 3, 2006 at 12:43 AM. )

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2006, 06:21 PM

What is the model #?

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 20, 2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by macintologist
What is the model #?
According to MacTracker, I guess this is model M2454, produced 2000-2002.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2006, 08:23 PM

Whoa that is a good deal for $100.

amacgenius
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 09:15 PM

I may be interested in this.
amacgenius.com
MacRumors.com Contributor, Mac Head, Blogger, eBayer.

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 22, 2006, 10:34 PM

This is still available. I've had several offers but no real follow through...

I've, also, edited the OP to include the fact that I may be willing to trade this for an iMac G3 or similar.
( Last edited by jtfolden; Jul 22, 2006 at 11:44 PM. )

amacgenius
Forum Regular
Jul 23, 2006, 01:51 PM

I was gone for the weekend, I'll let you know soon if I'm going to buy it. Do you have a picture of it hooked up and turned on?
amacgenius.com
MacRumors.com Contributor, Mac Head, Blogger, eBayer.

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 24, 2006, 10:30 PM

Yeah, I can get one.. just as soon as I find what I did with my new camera batteries. :-)

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 25, 2006, 12:13 AM

Pic of LCD attached to my Power Mac and powered on, as requested.

lowdaksport
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2006, 08:45 PM

i have a imac g3 without firewire lol if you are interested

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2006, 08:49 PM

I wish I had my own place and money to blow because I'd blow it on this sweet deal.

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 27, 2006, 08:20 PM

I wish I had my own place and money to blow because I'd blow it on this sweet deal.

I wish someone actually *would* take advantage of this. Mom's threatening to take it to eBay and I really, REALLY don't want to have to help her set up an account and explain that whole process to her.

doucy2
Senior User
Jul 27, 2006, 09:18 PM

where in ohio are you
i have a imac g3 500 with firewire
we may be able to meet up and swap
ThinkMac.org

Mini Duo 1.66ghz 1.25gb

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2006, 12:37 AM

I guess the only real problem I see with this display is the ADC connection (nice "innovation", Apple )

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 28, 2006, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by doucy2
where in ohio are you
i have a imac g3 500 with firewire
we may be able to meet up and swap
Springfield, Ohio here... Drop me a PM if you wish.

EDIT: Assuming the iMac in question is not the one with the cracked front fascia in this pic of yours, that is :

I'll, also, open this up to a possible trade with someone for any G3/G4 based machine with built-in FireWire. I've got quite a few monitors around here so I guess it really doesn't have to be an iMac specifically. I just need a semi-decent secondary machine for light work under OS X.
( Last edited by jtfolden; Jul 28, 2006 at 03:17 AM. )

doucy2
Senior User
Jul 28, 2006, 10:17 AM

haha yea its the one that is cracked
that one next to it is perfect though but no firewire
ThinkMac.org

Mini Duo 1.66ghz 1.25gb

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 31, 2006, 09:27 PM

This is still available... Surely, someone out there could use this at such a sweet price?
It makes a fantastic secondary display even if you already have a nice, main monitor.

Will be heading to eBay if not sold by end of week.

Thanks.
( Last edited by jtfolden; Jul 31, 2006 at 09:49 PM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 31, 2006, 09:47 PM

If I had a Mac that needed a display I would get it for sure, c'mon people buy it!

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2006, 11:11 PM

Does this have USB ports in the back? I'd like to buy it.

jtfolden  (op)
Jul 31, 2006, 11:18 PM

Yes this is the ADC model where power, video and USB are sent to the monitor via a single cable and then it has two USB ports in the rear. It, also, has the two motionless, touch sensitive buttons on the front for bringing up Display Properties or shutting down/starting up/sleeping the machine.

Drop me a PM if you would like it.

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 3, 2006, 12:46 AM

Okay people, last chance... $95.00 + shipping. Going to have to resort to eBay on Saturday if not sold by then.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2006, 07:21 PM

PMing you since I see you wanna get rid of it badly.

Schneider
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2006, 12:11 AM

Anychance you would be interested in some king of trade for a new 2GB ipod nano, the unit only, no box or accessories? Just a long shot but let me know, maybe we can work something out!

gnomexp
Forum Regular
Aug 4, 2006, 12:14 AM

( Last edited by gnomexp; Aug 4, 2006 at 10:38 AM. )

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2006, 08:17 AM

Sold to me

I've sent payment and the bank transfer is waiting to clear.

Btw, any other users here on MacNN that use Paypal and have a personal account....does all payments you make a Paypal eCheck? This is the first time I've had that...since I downgraded from my Premier account of course. All the senior members please let me know. Thanks guys!

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 4, 2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RiDDLeRIZE
Sold to me

I've sent payment and the bank transfer is waiting to clear.

Btw, any other users here on MacNN that use Paypal and have a personal account....does all payments you make a Paypal eCheck? This is the first time I've had that...since I downgraded from my Premier account of course. All the senior members please let me know. Thanks guys!
I've sent this info to you directly but figured I'd post it here for the benefit of others in the future as I had to look it up once upon a time as well. eBay processes a send payment request based on the status of your verified accounts and funding options. You must have a back up funding source (such as a credit card or another bank account) listed with PayPal for the Instant transfer option to be available to you. (So, you must have a checking account and a credit card, or two checking accounts listed with PayPal.) Also, you must select a backup funding source for each payment prior to submitting the payment.

John

rsandborn1
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Aug 4, 2006, 11:43 AM

I would have to say that I am not very trusting of members on here due to the fact that I was supposed to trade a Loaded b/w G3 for that display. Then all of a sudden riddlerize jumps under there and grabs it out from me. So when you make a deal with someone dont back out because I thought we had a deal. I will not trust Jtholden on any other deals because of this incident

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 4, 2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by rsandborn1
I would have to say that I am not very trusting of members on here due to the fact that I was supposed to trade a Loaded b/w G3 for that display. Then all of a sudden riddlerize jumps under there and grabs it out from me. So when you make a deal with someone dont back out because I thought we had a deal. I will not trust Jtholden on any other deals because of this incident

Excuse me. I'm sorry you are disappointed. However, you are way out of line and you best check yourself before accusing people of saying or doing things that don't stand up to the light of day.

I never made and broke a deal with you. Asking questions about your offer and saying I'll get back to you with a decision is expressing interest and consideration. It WAS a promising proposition and it was, also, conditional on whether the machine fit my needs. I, also, was considerate enough to send you a message concerning the final outcome and offering to possibly buy the system in question from you outright. Finally, Riddlerise was in contact with me FIRST and came through with payment.

I will provide all of my messages to rsandborn1 to anyone who wishes to see them via PM. It was a promising discussion but at no time was a "deal" ever made.

rsandborn1
Steven Landon
Marketplace Fame
Aug 4, 2006, 12:03 PM

Whatever you want, you said in the message that the display was pending to me, obviously not if you let that other person have it. So get your lies right. I dont take kindly to being screwed

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2006, 12:21 PM

Actually, three members here came before I did. Two of which, I know. Amacgenius and Doucy2...I asked Doucy if he had made a deal and told me there was none. Also, the more well established members on this forum prior to a giant wave of newbies that were unknown to the MacNN community did not follow-up with any statement stating they had a deal. Usually more of the vet members call dibs on items or call their place, respecting on the first person who did see the item. I believe this marketplace is first come first serve. So I felt it was open. RSandborn1...you did not post in his thread at all to call dibs on the screen before me. Nor do i see you post before Macintologist, who was first. Make it publicly known who's in line for what's being sold. Just common courtesy in the marketplace. Just my 2 cents

As for JTFolden...I cannot pass judgment yet as I will be awaiting for the screen to be received. So far, he's been very helpful to complete the transaction and only a minor hiccup with this eCheck situation, but it is not his fault.

nickw311
Senior User
Aug 4, 2006, 12:32 PM

Damn I would be really interested if it wasn't ADC!
27" iMac C2D

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 4, 2006, 12:55 PM

rsandborn1 -- I'm sorry if you weren't able to make the trade that you wanted, but it is clear that jtfolden was entertaining different offers when you made yours. He got the offer he wanted ($cash$) and decided to take it. There is nothing wrong with that, and unless you and him had come to an agreement and you had actually shipped the machine, you should have no qualms with the situation.

PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2006, 01:08 PM

Marketplace drama

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 4, 2006, 01:17 PM

Marketplace drama
Yeah, like a bad soap opera on a high numbered cable station that no one ever watches. lol

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2006, 01:13 PM

Ok. Payment has cleared. If you can ship it out today, that would be great. Thanks JT!

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 9, 2006, 03:32 PM

Heya,

yes I just got the email from PayPal a short bit ago about the payment. It came after my lunch hour, however, so this will ship out tomorrow. Thanks!

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 10, 2006, 08:40 PM

Ship this today, as promised. Thanks.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2006, 12:06 AM

Got the LCD today. Man UPS did a number on the box lol, but luckily the original Apple foam inserts kept the LCD from harm. Works great! If your ever selling anything again, let me know.

jtfolden  (op)
Aug 15, 2006, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by RiDDLeRIZE
Got the LCD today. Man UPS did a number on the box lol, but luckily the original Apple foam inserts kept the LCD from harm. Works great! If your ever selling anything again, let me know.
Glad to hear it! I was wondering about the box but then I thought "Well, Apple ships out in the box."

Forum Links
Forum Rules