Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > email Client software (Mail Vs Thunderbird)

email Client software (Mail Vs Thunderbird)
ghostwolf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 11:01 AM

I'm now using Mail as my email client, I'd like to know that which one is better for reading and organizing email (Mail against Thunderbird)? Thanks a lot.

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2006, 08:09 PM

you know - i switched to firefox and thunderbird cause mail and safari one day began to crash on certain gif images and no one can explain why and i dont feel like reformating - anyway its not very different with the threading and all. its a bit slower than mail but i can live with it.
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

clevin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 10:07 PM

i can't understand why mail.app doesn't access my imap mailbox, so i can't use mail.app

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2006, 10:20 PM

In terms of organization, Mail's Smart Folders wins hands down. Maybe there's an add-in for Thunderbird that will do something similar, but overall the app just felt clunky to me.

Anyway, considering that they're both free, why not just download Thunderbird and use that for a week to see if it will do what you need.

ghostwolf  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 10:20 PM

I also face the problems you have, why I keep using Mail is the Address Book. Because my address book content data is synchronized with my PDA. Then all the data are kept in the Address Book. But Thunderbird will not read the Address Book by MacOSX. Any methods to solve it?

Mithras
Professional Poster
Aug 10, 2006, 09:19 AM

Mail + MailTags for the win

Forum Links
Forum Rules