Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone else have problems with Apple shipping via FedEx Home Delivery

Anyone else have problems with Apple shipping via FedEx Home Delivery
alligator
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2006, 05:09 PM

I just found out that Apple ships via FedEx Home Delivery. They also require a signature for all shipments. I also found out you can't have a "signature on file" anymore with FedEx. Don't ask me why. Unfortunately, if you're not home when they deliver it, because they ship via Home Delivery, they won't hold it for you at a local facility either. You either must be there when they deliver it, or you don't get it. No leaving it with neighbors, no leaving it on your porch, nothing. Be there or you don't get it. Period.

So I called Apple to request my Mac Pro be shipped via another carrier. They refused.

Great, now I have to take a day off of work to get this package. Thanks a bunch Apple.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Aug 12, 2006, 05:19 PM

Let it be shipped FedEx. Once it's in the system, call FedEx and ask them to hold it at the local depot. Drive to the local depot some day before or after work.

After may be better. Before may cause you to miss a day of work.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2006, 05:26 PM

when my first ipod shipped to my house,(bought from the apple website) the person just left it on the door stoop, but was smart and hid it under the doormat. no signature required

Alex

alligator  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2006, 07:02 PM

FedEx will NOT hold this as a local depot because Apple picked "Home Delivery" as the shipping option.

Apple won't deliver without a signature, and because of that I can't receive my package when I'm working.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2006, 07:19 PM

hopefully this bad start with the mac pro isn't showing things to come....

Alex

milhous
Mac Elite
Aug 12, 2006, 07:34 PM

sorry to hear about that. shipping to your work address has always worked for me.
F = ma

generationfourt
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2006, 10:23 PM

I hate apples shipping. I guess if it's a computer or a laptop then that is fine. I ordered a damn $30 cable adapter, and they still shipped it fedex home with signature needed. I had to go through a damn dick dance to get the damn adapter a week after the first missed shipment.

At least use regular fedex, not this tuesday-sat. bullshit.

starman
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2006, 10:52 PM

Is this new? I never had a problem with them.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

alligator  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2006, 08:28 AM

The only deliver Tues - Saturday too. While it is nice to get a package on Saturday, you must plan to be home the entire day.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could call them up and request a different shipping method. I tried, and they just told me "it is our policy."

Scifience
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2006, 09:23 AM

Just pay for two day, and they will hold it for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules