Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Windows on a Mac

Windows on a Mac
malcolm347
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2006, 05:13 PM

Forgive me if this topic is old, but are the mac laptops out that can run windows ? Cuz i luv macs, but i need the pc games. And since im going to college next year i can tell my parents wut laptop i want.
thanks

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2006, 05:35 PM

Yes, all the current Apple laptops can run Windows.

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2006, 05:35 PM

Hello,

The new Intel Macs do run Windows. However, the G4 G5 PowerPc Macs do not. All you need to do is go to Apple's website and download the BootCamp software and of course have a copy of Windows XP Home.
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 13, 2006, 09:37 PM

This belongs in the Alternative Operating Systems forum, NOT the PowerBook & MacBook Pro forum. ANYTHING to do with running something other than OS X on a Mac goes in Alternative Operating Systems...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules