Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Refurbished Macs?

Refurbished Macs?
Loyalty4Life
Aug 14, 2006, 02:46 AM

Has anyone here had any experiences with buying a refurbished computer from Apple directly?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....0.8.7.1.0.1.1

If so, did it work out well? What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Also, have you bought a refurbished Apple computer or know of someone that has? Please share your experiences.

I think I'm going to buy a refurbed Apple in the future, but I want to get feedback on it first.

Thanks.

Rodster
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2006, 06:19 AM

I've never purchased a refurb Mac before but I have purchased refurb PC's. You can insert Apple into this as well. In most cases your better off with a refurb than a new computer. Most refurb computers go back thru the company and are fully tested, that's if you buy from the manufacter. If there are any new hardware updates or revisions you'll probably get those included in your refurb system.

They're also backed by the factory warranty. Most people tend to buy new stuff because it's all about the experience. Opening the box for the first time, unwrapping the product etc. If none of that bothers you then go for it because you'll usually save money this way.

I've had good luck with all my refurb computers. I bought a Dell notebook that's still going strong 3 years after purchase. I wouldn't hestitate to pull the trigger on a refurb Mac if I were you.

Good Luck !

melismak
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2006, 06:40 AM

( Last edited by melismak; Sep 10, 2006 at 12:29 AM. )

Chinasaur
Senior User
Aug 14, 2006, 07:22 PM

I've purchased three refurb'd iMacs from the Apple store in the last 9 months. A 17" Rev B G5, A 20" Rev B G5 and an Intel iMac 20".

All have performed flawlessly and all were perfect screen-wise out of the box.

Luck.
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2006, 09:56 PM

yo melismak! keep a close eye on that site. apple adds new models every few days and in a reasonable amount of time you should be able to pick up a refurbed laptop for around $700.00.

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2006, 08:37 AM

NOW 12 inch ibook $719.00

melismak
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2006, 06:47 AM

( Last edited by melismak; Sep 10, 2006 at 12:29 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules