Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iDisk down?

iDisk down?
Ybot
Apr 14, 2001, 01:15 AM

Hey there,

Just wondering if anyone else is having troubles mounting their iDisks today. I can't get to it through my alias I made, through the Network window or through the homepage. Just wondering if it's just me or if anyone else is having the same problem...

-Y

fresht
Apr 14, 2001, 01:17 AM

I'm having the same problem with both my idisks. I've tried 3 hours ago and just recently.

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2001, 01:22 AM

I just got into mine a couple of minutes ago--no problem.

------------------
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Ybot  (op)
Apr 14, 2001, 01:31 AM

Hmm, I just tried again and it still won't work, if I try the Network Browser it says "idisk.mac.com cannot be found". This is weird.

Bugs Bunny
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2001, 05:13 AM

Same here, cannot connect through the Network browser, or any browser at the iTools site for that matter, It says iDisk could not be found, or AppleTalk needs to enabled and the iDisk will not mount on the desktop. The Chooser is the only way to connect. What's up on Apple's end?

------------------

Dragonlance
Apr 14, 2001, 11:26 AM

i'm having the same problem with mine.

fresht
Apr 14, 2001, 11:56 AM

Just logged in through the chooser and it works. You have to type in under the server address with:
idisk.mac.com:your idisk name

and then choose your idisk. The alias didn't work and opening from Apple's iTools didn't work either.

suprz
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2001, 06:15 PM

idisk is still screwed up, i can get to the page to click on the icon to get the idisk to show up on my desktop, and it freezes the computer for maybe a minute and then just acts as if i never tried to get the idisk in the first place.....gee it's good to see that apple is up on these things......geez!!!!! it's been down since at least 9:00pm last night. doesnt apple have techs hanging around to fix these things? but of course you can easily get to the part where you can upgrade and spend 400$ for 400mb of storage........it figures huh?

------------------
" I think,
therefore....IMAC
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

Ybot  (op)
Apr 14, 2001, 08:39 PM

suprz > Yeah, I know it is kind of annoying, but I guess you get what you pay for (or something like that). The thing that really ticked me off is the one time I *really* needed to get into my iDisk, it was down. So...24 hours later, it's still down. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday it will be repaired (I hope).

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2001, 12:58 AM

An Apple Support post from their discussion forums:

We are aware of the issues that you are having mounting iDisk in Mac OS 9. We are investigating the issue and will post back to this forum when more information becomes available.

In the meantime, Mac OS 9 users may access their iDisk by using the Chooser. In the Chooser select AppleShare, then click "Server IP Address..." When when you see the box asking for the address enter "idisk.mac.com". Then in the next box enter your iTools user name and password. Your iDisk should then appear on your desktop. Mac OS X users should be unaffected by this issue.

Bugs Bunny
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2001, 01:08 AM

Looks like it been fixed. It's working for me now

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules