Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > microsoft leftovers.

microsoft leftovers.
posthumanus
Senior User
Apr 14, 2001, 04:16 AM

thought i'd try here as it's not specifically an office2001 problem, i think.

here's the set-up: i recently did a complete wipe then clean install of OS9, obliterated all trace of M$, then installed office2001 with its own IE5 and Entourage, then downloaded the 9.0.4 update, then the office2001 update.

to my surprise, all went flawlessly ... but: toward the end of this process a whole bunch of M$ leftover stuff mysteriously appeared in my trash.

MS Configuration Lib PPC / MS Container Lib (PPC) / MS Favorites Library (PPC) / MS Internet Library (PPC) / MS JScript (PPC) / MS Preferences Library PPC / MS Variant Lib (PPC) [all version 4.5]

i put them all aside but i have no idea what they are, if they�re needed, or superseded, or whether office2001 is still using them. i really don�t like superfluous stuff hanging around like this.

could someone please enlighten me.

posthumanus.

Cipher13
Apr 14, 2001, 09:27 AM

Appeared in your Trash? Delete the suckers
They're the old extensions that have been removed.

When you installed the update, it may have removed the old ones to the Trash, and put the new versions in the extensions folder, or even, those could be the IE5 extensions and Office removed them for its newer set, or vice versa... depends on the installation order... but I'd say they're the old stuff from the update.

Eliminate them.

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules