Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Wireless keyboard missing firmware

Wireless keyboard missing firmware
abo
Aug 27, 2006, 01:56 PM

I just bought an Intel single processor Mac Mini and a wireless keyboard. I'm trying to pair the keyboard with the Mini and am trying to follow the instructions which come with the keyboard. I have:
1/ Upgraded system software to the most recent version.
1/ Installed the batteries
2/ Kept the keyboard turned off
3/ Inserted the disc that came with the keyboard

The instructions which come with the keyboard say to "Double-click the KeyboardAndMouse.pkg" icon, but there is none. There are only three files on the CD:
a/ KeyboardAndMouse ReadMe
b/ BluetoothUpdate133.pkg
c/ BluetoothFirmwareUpdate1.1.pkg

I did a search in Google and found this link:

http://forums.techguy.org/apple-maci...e-problem.html

Which explained that I could go straight to the Keyboard & Mouse panel in the System Preferences and pair the keyboard in that way. Which I did. So now the keyboard is paired. But when I run b/ I get that the program needs 10.2.8 and I'm now running 10.4. And when I run c/ the installation goes fine, but when I try to run "Bluetooth Firmware Updater" I get the message "This version of the updater is missinig the firmware file. Cannot proceed."

I'm hoping that because I'm running 10.4 I don't need to run the Firmware Updater. Is this correct?? If not what can I do??

Forum Links
Forum Rules