Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Built in Samba, but it won't let me network to windows 98 client, what now

Built in Samba, but it won't let me network to windows 98 client, what now
greggomer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2001, 12:34 AM

K, so I was all excited for OS 10.1. Built in Samba was going to help a lot of us. But now I noticed on Apples site that you can connect to Files Servers. No mention of Clients or Windows ME/98 machines. And I have tried to connect to a windows 98 machine, I keep getting an error and can't connect.

Has anyone been able to connect to a Windows 98 client with OS X built in Samba?

If not, what are my other options, I know I can install a Samba client, but will that conflict with the Samba client in OS 10.1? Or can I just tweek some config files?

Thanks for the help,

Greg

scarab
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2001, 04:18 AM

Check out Apple Support (KBase Document 106471) for information on SMB on Mac OS 10.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules