Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm only 19 and losing hairs! Help!

I'm only 19 and losing hairs! Help! (Page 2)
iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2006, 12:06 PM

start masturbating with the top of your head.

but seriously it happens to alot of people, and contrary to popular belief...hair loss is tied to your mothers side of the family (mothers father or grandfather if im not mistaken shows you how youre gonna turn up). i too have noticed my hair starting to thin and recede and have come to terms with it. i mean its just hair, and dont get me wrong...id love to have a full head of hair for the rest of my life, but if it doesnt happen...oh well, no biggie.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
"Don't use marijuana because...um...well because there *must* be something about it that's bad for you"
Gave me a headache the one time I tried it, like most smoke does, so I avoid it.

freudling
Banned
Sep 7, 2006, 09:58 AM

Rob...

I don't know what they use for a substitute in the Xandrox. As for my results, hard to say. I think it works, however. Retin-A is used as a vehicle to help transport minoxidil into the follicle. I am not sure the levels of Retin-A are inline with that study linking increased skin cancer rates to the use of Retin-A. It is a very secondary ingredient in Xandrox.

I have read many people having success with Xandrox. I have seen before and after pics of topical only treatments and the stuff plain works. Not in everyone, but it can and does regrow hair, sometimes dramatically.

Rob van dam
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by freudling
Rob...

I don't know what they use for a substitute in the Xandrox. As for my results, hard to say. I think it works, however. Retin-A is used as a vehicle to help transport minoxidil into the follicle. I am not sure the levels of Retin-A are inline with that study linking increased skin cancer rates to the use of Retin-A. It is a very secondary ingredient in Xandrox.

I have read many people having success with Xandrox. I have seen before and after pics of topical only treatments and the stuff plain works. Not in everyone, but it can and does regrow hair, sometimes dramatically.

Thanks for the reply.From what i have found glycerin seems to replace propylene glycol in some forumlations.How well do you tolerate Retin-a? Have you read of the body absorbing to much retin-a?
Apple an innovator in a world of Immitators.
And thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

freudling
Banned
Sep 7, 2006, 01:57 PM

I tolerate Retin-A ok. It can be hard on my skin. There will be some systemic absorbtion, but nothing like taking a pill.

skalie
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ambush
My scalp area is slowly dinimishing on the frontal-lateral sides
Are you male or female?

Forum Links
Forum Rules