Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need help with HP printer driver

Need help with HP printer driver
Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2006, 01:23 AM

Hello,

I recently transitioned to a MacPro--today in fact. I did a clean erase & install upon receiving it and migrated my stuff over from my MacBook. I was using the same HP DeskJet 895Cse printer with the MacBook as I am now trying with the MacPro, and it was printing from the MacBook just fine; although, I had this same initial problem with the MacBook and printing that I am now experiencing again when I first got it. With the MacBook, I had to download the driver from HPs website and re-install it in order to get things working as they should.

However, in the case of the MacPro my printing troubles persist after re-installing the driver and restarting. I have tried this a couple of times. I have deleted and added the printer in Print Setup Utility ad naseum, and that doesn't seem to have any effect either. Basically, the printer prints out a line of garbled text on a page and then goes to another page to print another line of junk. I have been able to get a test page from the printer utility to print out as it should, but everything else turns out as I mentioned previously. Can anyone suggest a solution as to how I might remedy this situation?

Thanks.

JKT
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2006, 03:31 AM

Can't offer a proper solution, but is there a gutenprint (formerly gimpprint) driver for the printer? Try it with that if there is.

Neo.cmg  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2006, 12:03 PM

It does appear that my printer shows up as a printer which the gutenprint driver package supports on the supported printer site. I will try installing the 5.0.0 gutenprint universal printer package and see if that fixes my issues. I appreciate the tip--I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules