Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 2 monitors problem.

2 monitors problem.
meem
Forum Regular
May 8, 2001, 04:58 PM

I have 2 monitors on my G3 running OS 9.1. One is 18" other 14". I have the menu bar and Icon set to appear on set to be on small monitor. The startup screenr is set to the large monitor. I find this helps some application to open new windows in large monitor, which I use to view documents and keep all palettes(from photoshop ans such) on the small monitor. Some programs like Flash always open on small monitor and it's no big deal to just move it. I have come to a problem with IE5 however. When site creators have have decided to make the browser window expand through their control the new window opens or moves to the small window. This again isn't that big a deal most of the time as i can just move it to 18" and get on with my life. But some times site is programed so I can't resize browser and I can't see the whole site. Any way to fix this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules