Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Full web page screen capture

Full web page screen capture
Corey_Chandler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2004, 04:11 AM

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to get a screen capture of an entire web page (even the part that's "below the fold"). Basically, I want SnagIt's "auto-scroll" feature

Here's what I know of so far:

1) Print-to-pdf - this works ok for some situations, but a) I want to be able to put these graphics in places like Fireworks or PowerPoint, and a pdf isn't really suited for that, and b) buttons look really weird when printed from Safari (try it - go to google using Safari, and print preview. What's up with that?!)

2) SnapWeb - this is OK, but a bit pricey and kind of an inconvenient way of getting a screen grab (it's almost like a separate web browser, whose soul purpose is to export images).

3) Buy multiple 30" monitors, set your resolution as high as possible, and line up 2 really long Safari windows showing the top and bottom of the web page you're trying to caputure - This is just silly, but I've heard of someone doing it

Is there really no better way? Oh yeah, and Ambrosia Software's $75 "Snapz Pro" doesn't hack it (even though people have been asking for the feature on their discussion boards ).

Thanks for your time!

- Corey

derbs
Senior User
Jul 29, 2004, 06:54 AM

you could just take multiple shots and stitch them together in photoshop

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2004, 06:58 AM

you could try printing to PDF and then open the files in photoshop, if you have it.

-r.

titan516
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2006, 03:29 AM

well,may be you can try some screen capture software. i do know that the ACA capture PRo can fix your problem, it can capture web pages as your metioned..i think it is pretty good...

more information about the ACA Capture PRO, please visit:Overview of ACA Capture Pro - Professional Screen Capture software
( Last edited by titan516; Oct 18, 2006 at 01:07 AM. )

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 30, 2006, 05:58 AM

I haven't used this myself (only remember it ’cause I happened to read it just yesterday in this thread), but there is apparently a Firefox extension called ScreenGrab that does just this. It means you’ll have to use Firefox, obviously; but it should still be easier than many other ways.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2006, 07:21 AM

Paparazzi. Works well, and it's free.

As for the spammer linking to that Windows software, will those retards never learn? Whatever happened to targeted advertising, I thought that was supposed to be the way of the future? This is not your customer demographic.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 30, 2006, 07:46 AM

Heh. I like the fact that is requires “Microsoft Internet Explore [sic!] 5.0 or later version”

chrisford
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2006, 05:55 AM

I second Paparazzi - great piece of software imo. Extremely compact, focused and simple to use.

Forum Links
Forum Rules