Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > UK: chemical explosives cache along with rocket launcher, uncovered in Lancashire

UK: chemical explosives cache along with rocket launcher, uncovered in Lancashire
moodymonster
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2006, 09:43 AM

TWO Pendle men have appeared before Pennine magistrates accused of having "a master plan" after what is believed to be a record haul of chemicals used in making home-made bombs was found in Colne.
The 22 chemical components recovered by police are believed to be the largest haul ever found at a house in this country.
Cottage is an ex-BNP member who stood as a candidate in the Pendle Council elections in May.
Mrs Christiana Buchanan, who appeared for the prosecution in Jackson's case, alleged the pair had "some kind of masterplan".
She said a search of Jackson's home had uncovered rocket launchers, chemicals, BNP literature and a nuclear biological suit.
Police raided Cottage's Talbot Street home on Thursday of last week. The house was taped off while forensics officers searched the premises. Neighbours were told to stay in their homes for their own safety. Mr Cottage's car was also taken away for examination.
http://www.pendletoday.co.uk/ViewArt...icleID=1806619
http://www.burnleycitizen.co.uk/disp...ves_charge.php

now is this a hoax, or why isn't it reported more - largest chemical explosives, CBRN suit?

hmmm

marden
Baninated
Oct 7, 2006, 09:54 AM

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 7, 2006, 02:28 PM

Remember folks, no need to be paranoid.

nath
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
why isn't it reported more - largest chemical explosives, CBRN suit?
Far-right terrists don't sell newspapers?

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 05:57 PM

Where's Bin Laden when you need him?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Remember folks, no need to be paranoid.
Paranoid means irrational fear. Are you suggesting that paranoia actually is appropriate?

marden
Baninated
Oct 8, 2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
Where's Bin Laden when you need him?
His spirit dwells within you? C'mon. Get with the program. How can you become a low life jihadi by asking questions like that?

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by marden
His spirit dwells within you? C'mon. Get with the program. How can you become a low life jihadi by asking questions like that?

Well put. How could i, effectively, when the world is safer with Bush, and yet terrorist alerts have multiplied outside of the Middle East?

marden, what kind of soldier of Islam are you exactly?

Or should I say, "mojohadeen"?

marden
Baninated
Oct 8, 2006, 06:33 PM

Well put. How could i, effectively, when the world is safer with Bush, and yet terrorist alerts have multiplied outside of the Middle East?

marden, what kind of soldier of Islam are you exactly?

Or should I say, "mojohadeen"?

You remind me of a silly little boy who hasn't yet kissed a girl. Wanna kiss?

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by marden
You remind me of a silly little boy who hasn't yet kissed a girl. Wanna kiss?
See, this is how I feel I am right and you are wrong. Everytime I bring an argumentation, you turn to derision.

You complained you could not have a real discussion, and it is true; you cannot, because a discussion for you is when your opponent either agrees or abdicates.

So there cannot be a discussion, because you don't want to discuss.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2006, 07:22 PM

This is why the Iraq was is important. Islam is causing all the terrorism in this world, and if we fight Islam overseas we won't have these problems on our shores.

Oh... wait... These were Christian White Guys.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 8, 2006, 07:29 PM

The opposition in here has poor arguments.

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 08:05 PM

not the BNP's style to do this kind of thing - most attacks in the UK have been by the IRA, lone nutter or, more recently - Muslims.

not sure the BNP has any long term connections with Christianity.

Basically they don't like anyone who isn't white.

if the news reports are accurate, either someone was getting way too enthusiastic about Guy Fawkes night, or they're just disgruntled loner/extremist etc etc -

BNP has spent a long time getting away from the image of being skin head thugs - they're not about to waste that time and effort over something this dumb.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2006, 08:34 PM

And you are a shining example.

Keep up the good work.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2006, 09:55 PM

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to claim that by dealing with Islam we can stop terrorism. Every religion and ethnic group has terrorists. By putting so much of our effort into trying to reshape Islam we're leaving ourselves wide open to other terrorists of other ethnic groups that our government is ignoring, and making this country less secure.

If this country abandon it's Islamo-centrist views it would help a lot with the war on terror.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2006, 10:22 PM

Note that the presence of an NBC suit shouldn't be given any value at all. They're about $70 or less from your local surplus store. I can get 'em for a tenner (since I own a business which supplies protective clothing). They're good for going fishing in, so I'm told.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2006, 10:27 PM

Oh, and I reckon this is another government publicity offensive against the BNP (the government seem to be running scared at the moment).

Cottage was charged under the Explosives Substances Act 1883 on Monday night after forensic experts searched his home, allegedly discovering chemical components which could be used to make explosives.
This less than two months after Heathrow is effectively locked down because "all sorts of household products can be combined to make explosives". Did the guy have a load of Mr Muscle drain cleaner on the premises or what?

I call BS on the whole thing. The guy would be at the Old Bailey, not the local court, if this were real.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 8, 2006, 10:56 PM

And you are a shining example.

Keep up the good work.
Actually this post was a good example.

Lots of straw-men, ad-hominems and even some semantics to mix in.

This thread has it all.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
I call BS on the whole thing. The guy would be at the Old Bailey, not the local court, if this were real.

Oddly enough, you're usually right about these things.

nath
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2006, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy

Oddly enough, you're usually right about these things.
no personal attacks, nath.

It's not exactly unusual for members of the UK far right to be involved in acts of terrorism.

BBC NEWS | England | Southern Counties | Bomb recipe sent to BNP activist

I wouldn't mind betting that the actual number of convictions they've incurred for such things over the last decade is more than the equivalent number of convictions against 'islamic' nutjobs.
( Last edited by vmarks; Oct 9, 2006 at 01:20 PM. )

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2006, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Oh, and I reckon this is another government publicity offensive against the BNP (the government seem to be running scared at the moment).
if so, not a very effective one seeing it's barely reported anywhere.

just seems very curious - gov't jump on anything that lets them run around telling us to be scared, then when this pops up - nothing. It's odd.

The last time I noticed a dearth of reporting about something it turned out the gov't had asked for it not to be reported (news reports in run up to troop rescue in Sierra Leone).

Forum Links
Forum Rules