Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > HELP!! Dramatica Pro won't let me empty my trash!!

HELP!! Dramatica Pro won't let me empty my trash!!
WindMinstrel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 10:41 AM

I have a bunch of new programs to install, so to clear space, I deleted a bunch of files I haven't been using. One of these files was a demo of Dramatica Pro.

BUT---

When I try to empty the trash, I get an error message. Actually, I get two dozen of them- all saying

'The operation cannot be completed because the item is locked'.

The error message pops up for the Short Story Template, Screenplay Template and all the story outlines as well.

I need- desperately- to get Dramatica emptied. I can't do it by simply dragging it out of the trash- the little SOB just copies itself back onto the desktop. So- not only do I have to trash my trash- but two copies of it on my desktop.

I tried to open Dramatica and uninstall it, but it seems to have vanished
I tried to fish for solutions in Classic, but Classic can't find it- even with two copies on the desktop

This is really alternately frustrating and freaking me out since I'm running dangerously low on space- and can't backup files to delete them (8 gigs worth off stuff is already in the trash, stuck because of this Dramatica roadblock).

Can someone looking to be a Good Samaritan- or someone who properly emptied this program from their trash PLEASE help me?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 2, 2006, 11:06 AM

Hold down the option (alt) key as you empty the trash. If that doesn't work, there are Force Delete tools available at Mac, Palm and Windows Software Updates and Downloads – VersionTracker

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2006, 01:16 PM

Us activity monitor to make sure theres nothing Dramatica related running in the background. If so quite it and then dry emptying the trash again.
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 2, 2006, 02:14 PM

Hi WindMinstrel,

Please take a look at our rules (they're linked from every thread listing). We both prohibit "noise" expressions (like "Help!") in thread titles (we know you need help, otherwise you wouldn't ask!), as well as posting in the wrong forum. The hardware forums are not general-purpose forums for the owners of that hardware, they are only for discussing the hardware itself. So be sure to also carefully read through the forum descriptions so you know the right place to post.

Thanks!
tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules