Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > anyone happy?

anyone happy?
gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2006, 01:03 PM

does anyone actually like itunes 7? i've read nothing but complaints here, am still running itunes 6 and see no reason to upgrade-------------yet. thanks all.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2006, 01:13 PM

The title of this forum is "Software – Troubleshooting and Discussion". Of course you hear complaints here. That's the purpose of the forum.

iTunes 7 has some nice improvements. Gapless playback is nice, new library organization is nice, the album view is nice, the new video window with on-screen controls is nice etc. pp. That was all mentioned in the original threads of the iTunes 7 release.

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2006, 01:28 PM

Its been fine for me, with none of the problems i've seen some moan about. My only gripe is that now the (included) visualiser runs at half the speed it did in iTunes 6 and earlier, but I can live with it.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

gooser  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
The title of this forum is "Software – Troubleshooting and Discussion". Of course you hear complaints here. That's the purpose of the forum.

iTunes 7 has some nice improvements. Gapless playback is nice, new library organization is nice, the album view is nice, the new video window with on-screen controls is nice etc. pp. That was all mentioned in the original threads of the iTunes 7 release.
thanks for your reply. i know of most of the new features, i just wondered (with all the complaints) if anyone actually LIKED this new app.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

chrismear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2006, 01:56 PM

I like it.

It exposes several video-related properties to the UI and to AppleScript, which has been a huge help to me in organising my video library.

Video playback performance seems better -- previously it was barely usable on my old PowerBook, but now I use it all the time. Same for the top-right search box.

ADC has recently made a bunch of WWDC material available through the iTunes Store for developers, which consists of gigabyte-sized video files and megabyte-sized PDFs. The new download manager has been really useful with these, 'cause you can shuffle the order around and grab the PDFs quickly.

Solid upgrade, as far as I'm concerned.

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2006, 05:39 PM

It plays my music, browses the store, syncs with my iPod, and doesn't crash. I'm happy.

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2006, 08:40 PM

I actually like the new look of it..seems like the proper evolution of it...and as said above....it plays and stores my music...lets me buy stuff from the store...and burn cds.....im happy!

Technicolor
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2006, 01:02 AM

I like it.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 02:49 AM

The gapless playback feature alone makes the upgrade to 7 worth it. It really works well.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 02:57 AM

I like it as well.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 04:27 AM

The new icon and interface are really ugly, but the new functionality is quite nice. So it's worth the upgrade, although you'll miss the clean look of the earlier versions.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 07:56 PM

I like it. I haven't used the original iTunes icon for three versions now so I don't care about that. I like the new UI, and now that I've fixed the stuttering MP4-issue (remove 3ivx codecs), my opinion of it is better than ever.

Now I just wish they'd remove the stutter when editing the ID-tags of a playing file (pearLyrics automatically appends lyrics to a song any time it's played) and I'll be happy as a clam.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 08:13 PM

I like iTunes 7 very much, more so than any version of iTunes since iTunes 4.

It is a very good upgrade (for once).

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 5, 2006, 11:24 PM

I like it. Not a bobble in either Windows or OS X. It looks a little odd right now, but I felt that way a couple of versions ago when they changed to the frameless window scheme.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

jasong
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 11:49 PM

I'm happy.

Oh, and I like iTunes 7 also.
-- Jason

gooser  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2006, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
I like it. I haven't used the original iTunes icon for three versions now so I don't care about that. I like the new UI, and now that I've fixed the stuttering MP4-issue (remove 3ivx codecs), my opinion of it is better than ever.

Now I just wish they'd remove the stutter when editing the ID-tags of a playing file (pearLyrics automatically appends lyrics to a song any time it's played) and I'll be happy as a clam.
couldn't quite understand the second part of your post. my question to you is: does pearlyrics work with it or not? that is one of my favorite apps. thanx
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2006, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by gooser View Post
couldn't quite understand the second part of your post. my question to you is: does pearlyrics work with it or not? that is one of my favorite apps. thanx
pearLyrics work fine. It just stutters for a millisecond while it saves the lyrics to the file that is playing.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

gooser  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2006, 02:35 AM

thanks everyone. you too erik. may check it out at the apple store next time i visit.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

milhouse
Senior User
Nov 6, 2006, 02:01 PM

Me like
"-Dodge This"

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
pearLyrics work fine. It just stutters for a millisecond while it saves the lyrics to the file that is playing.
PearLyrics still exists? Seems to have been dead for a year now. Warner/Chappell music wasn't too happy about them.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

gooser  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2006, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
PearLyrics still exists? Seems to have been dead for a year now. Warner/Chappell music wasn't too happy about them.

V
pearlyrics exists just fine for those who already have it and not too well for those who don't.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

Forum Links
Forum Rules