Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > How come red states lead the nation in violent crime, divorce, illegitimacy?

How come red states lead the nation in violent crime, divorce, illegitimacy? (Page 2)
TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2006, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Food stamps! The horror. Food stamps and welfare needs to be abolish. We Republicans can't have that.
This thread is like a food stamp without the book...

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 6, 2006, 07:54 AM

vmarks, Kevin is insulting SWG. It deserves an infraction.
Um he has admitted to such. Well the dislike of America anyhow.

The Canada put down I was joking about. I myself love Canada.

But if they choose to infraction me for that, I wont throw a fit.

I promise.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2006, 10:08 AM

Well, when you can't pay for food, you die of hunger. Once you die, you go to heaven. Since there is no poverty in Heaven, you have escape poverty.
You know someone dying of hunger? Good God man, bring them some meat! Funny thing is, I can't find too many institutions (churches) propogating that message of heaven around here who don't also have a fully-stocked food pantry.

Are the folks who sell their food stamps for .50 cents on the dollar dying of hunger too? Didn't know that happened? Hmm, I guess you'd have to leave that gated community to know what goes on in the... *hush, bad part of town.
ebuddy

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 6, 2006, 10:25 AM

Food stamps get traded for drugs or alchohol alot.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2006, 10:27 AM

vmarks, Kevin is insulting SWG. It deserves an infraction.
Why? SWG wails like a little girl everytime anything regarding the US or religion is mentioned. He deserves a good jabbing over it.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 01:22 PM

Does anyone have this information from some other source?

Sorry...but VF has shot is credibility of late by making stuff up for politically partisan gain. I'm not bothering with them at this point.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
There is a store near me where I could buy crack or meth from the owner…for "food stamps".
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Monique
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Does it matter or is that your way of either distracting from the subject or making this thread sound invalid?

As for the Canadian Government it is a Conservative MINORITY so they can't do jack ****. Not to mention people aren't thrilled with them and they will probably be gone come next election. But that isn't the subject now here is it.
Which people are not too thrill about what they are doing?

They will probably have a majority next time. But, I live in Conservative's country. As for myself I will vote for them, for one important reason, is that Harper had his English people learned French. Language for me is very important; and someone who tries to communicate with me in my language indicates that he cares about me and my culture.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
Which people are not too thrill about what they are doing?
Um the entire country except Alberta?

They will probably have a majority next time. But, I live in Conservative's country. As for myself I will vote for them, for one important reason, is that Harper had his English people learned French. Language for me is very important; and someone who tries to communicate with me in my language indicates that he cares about me and my culture.
LOL any one that enters federal pollitics and cant speak French in the first place is a idiot. I will give Harper credit, he did learn it and fast, which in itself a good thing.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 03:58 AM

Mainly by US preachers.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 09:49 AM

Where is this happening? What is the proportion of municipalities still using paper food stamps or paper vouchers for providing food-assistance benefits? Have you got any data on the proportion of those municipalities still using paper benefits versus electronic beneifts?

From what I have read on the subject over the years, I thought most cities and states with major food assistance programs have moved to an electronic-distribution method for getting benefits into the hands of those who need it. The recipients get a debit card that works in certain establishments and allows them to buy specific items and not others. This is done using the SKU barcode on items. As the SKU codes are standardized across the country--a 12 oz. box of Cheerios in Maine has the same SKU code as a 12 oz. box of Cheerios in Hawai'i--the government can, and does, use this information to regulate what gets purchased with their food-assistance benefits.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Where is this happening? What is the proportion of municipalities still using paper food stamps or paper vouchers for providing food-assistance benefits? Have you got any data on the proportion of those municipalities still using paper benefits versus electronic beneifts?

From what I have read on the subject over the years, I thought most cities and states with major food assistance programs have moved to an electronic-distribution method for getting benefits into the hands of those who need it. The recipients get a debit card that works in certain establishments and allows them to buy specific items and not others. This is done using the SKU barcode on items. As the SKU codes are standardized across the country--a 12 oz. box of Cheerios in Maine has the same SKU code as a 12 oz. box of Cheerios in Hawai'i--the government can, and does, use this information to regulate what gets purchased with their food-assistance benefits.
Read my post above. A guy down the road from me is doing it. Yes with the electronic cards.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2006, 10:16 AM

In my experience (approx. 16 years ago) Food Stamps were exclusively in "booklet" form. EBT is common nowadays, but it's my understanding that most still use a "booklet" or paper stamp. However, there is a host of information regarding EBT fraud on the web as well from quick google search.
ebuddy

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Read my post above. A guy down the road from me is doing it. Yes with the electronic cards.
Good to know. Have you turned in him to the authorities for doing this? If not, send me the information on the establishment and the owners and I will call up your state's benefits fraud department. They are usually good about putting a quick end to this type of fraud.

(If you don't want to post the info in this thread, PM me with the details and I will take it from there.)
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Good to know. Have you turned in him to the authorities for doing this? If not, send me the information on the establishment and the owners and I will call up your state's benefits fraud department. They are usually good about putting a quick end to this type of fraud.

(If you don't want to post the info in this thread, PM me with the details and I will take it from there.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules