Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Rookie Woes

Rookie Woes
rrrrevolution
May 29, 2000, 10:55 AM

I just got my first iMac--iMac DV. I tried starting up one day and it flashed a question mark at me. I've tried to reinstall OS 9, but when I try, it says there's no destination drive.

Can anyone help me? I'm not sure where my old hard drive went to anyway.

Thanks.

wlonh
Professional Poster
May 29, 2000, 11:21 AM

ok, put your MacOS CD (or a Norton Utilities 5.x.x CD, or TechToolPro CD) in the CD drive and startup while holding down the command, option, shift, and delete keys... use Disk First Aid, it's on the MacOS CD(or Norton Disk Doctor, or Techtool) to diagnose and repair the HD

if that doesn't work, try DiskWarrior available at www.alsoft.com to revive your HD and then back it up ASAP and reinitialize it and reinstall MacOS

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 05-29-2000).]

park74
May 29, 2000, 03:24 PM

How long have you been using the iMac, did it crash within a few days of getting it or has it been a while? If you just got it and are having problems like this with it, you may want to contact apple about it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules