Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Insurance for macbook UK?

Insurance for macbook UK?
telf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 15, 2006, 05:08 PM

Anyone have any good recommendations for where to go for insurance for new macbook pro within the UK?

regards

telf

Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 17, 2006, 04:27 AM

I would think that your household insurance is the best bet, get 'all risks' cover so that it's covered outside the house and make sure you either have a value or 'new for old'. It's what I plan to do.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

GraphicLounge.co.uk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 02:01 PM

Hi mate,

I have ordered a 17" MBP and have got applecare with it but as you know this doesn't cover accidental damage or theft. I also intend on getting separate insurance which will cover this...

Either get it as part of your home insurance (make sure the cover includes taking the notebook outside) or get third party insurance.

The best place to get it insured is with a company called 'Domestic Insurance'.
They are the same guys who High St retailers such as Comet, Currys, PC World, Carphone Warehouse etc etc use, the only difference is you cut out the middleman and don't pay nearly as much as they charge in store.

I'd recommend giving them a call and getting a quote. Whilst you're there also get a quote with your mobile phone, TV, gadgets and stuff included. It may only be slightly more expensive than if you were to get insurance for the notebook alone and that way all your cool possessions are covered

Hope this helps.

telf  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 02:04 PM

great thanks for the advice

regards
telf

GraphicLounge.co.uk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2006, 02:24 PM

----------------------------------------------------------
< You may borrow my advice....am not using it! >