Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS9 and Greek?

OS9 and Greek?
phobos
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2000, 10:17 AM

The last damn week I installed the f*#$)#*
OS9 on my iMacDV.Now I can't read properly Greek.I had MacOS 8.6 which had greek.Now I
can't write greek in Photoshop and in Quark.
How can MacOS9 can fully support greek without buying the greek version of OS9?
Also I noticed some hangs with OS9 which I
didn't have them with OS8.6.When I choose to open a picture in Photoshop I wait a lot when I see the preview of the first picture which
didn't happen with os8.6
Also how can I reduce the size of the ram that the OS is taking?I don't want the os to take 43MB of RAM!!!I have 192MB of memory but I want to use it for other purposes.
I would be glad if you could help me.
Could a clean install cure the problem of hangs?

phobos  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2000, 10:41 AM

Clean installation erases all the other things in the hard disk or just creates a new system folder ant the old system folder and the thing installed puts them in a drawer?

Vasily
Jun 9, 2000, 12:58 PM

A clean install moves all your old system folder things to a folder called (I think) Previous System Folder. You can then move things over to the System Folder selectively: open both side by side, move a few things over, restart, and verify that your system works OK. Repeat until you have the stuff you need. I'd recommend keeping the remainder of Previous System Folder around for a while Just In Case. If you have Conflict Catcher, you can use the System Merge feature to help you do this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules