Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 80 GIG Video Ipod

80 GIG Video Ipod
nikolaki555
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2006, 07:15 AM

I just bought myself this new Toy.
Problem i have is that it seems to me that it takes forever to start up whenever i turn it on for the first time each day
Am i doing anything wrong? seems like i have to lock and unlock it several times for it to start up.
I dont think this is normal, is it??
Please help

SurfSkateJeep
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2006, 04:19 AM

to turn it off do u just hold down the pause button, because that is the correct way to do it, I just click it twice to start playing again. and it plays in no time at all.

tomzo22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2006, 08:42 AM

After soemthing like 9 hours (not exaclty sure) the ipod hibernates like a deep sleep kinda thing. Just press the menu button when you come to turn it on thats all you have to do...
Enjoy!

nikolaki555  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2006, 06:17 PM

Yea thanks for answering my question. You have been helpful.
And YES I plan on enjoying it.
peace

peterauch21
Nov 21, 2006, 01:54 PM

Hmm.. "I see" said the blind mouse. I wasn't sure why sometimes when I would power it on it would jump right into the music where as other times it would have the apple splash screen pop up. Thank you for that information good sir.

nikolaki555  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2006, 01:47 AM

AN UPDATE
The problem got worse as in it took over 5 minutes to start up!!
I took it to the Apple Store and had one of their so-called "Geniuses" look at it...
Turns out, as he called it the Ipod was "DEAD ON ARRIVAL" the hard drive mas seriously messed up!!!
Luckily i got a brand new one in exchange and so far so good.....

peterauch21
Nov 28, 2006, 12:20 PM

Good to see that they took care of you.

Paulson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2006, 06:33 PM

I wonder if there are some serious problems with these new toshiba 80GB hard drives... I bought one off of a seller on eBay (sealed) and it had an issue with it right off the bat.

The replacement one I got from the seller now works fine, but it was kind of hard to get this one up and running as well (it checked out on all of the diagnostics however...)

nikolaki555  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2006, 11:39 PM

well i officially gave up on the Ipod video...
My second version was faulty also
This time the problem was that it would continoulsy keep re-booting itself, over and over again!!!
I would listen to a couple of tunes, and just like magic, it would shut itself off and reboot!
I had enough, I took it back to the store , demanded my money back, and vowed to myself never to buy another Apple product again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules