Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Can't make Itunes work..

Can't make Itunes work..
MacEgo
Jan 3, 2002, 09:49 PM

I run OS 9.1 and itunes 2.01 - besides the fact that I think that the file overview/access really isn't nearly as good as old Soundjam MP I can't get it to import my Music Library of about 3.5 gb of music. Most of it is mp3ed in Soundjam - but some of it is download from the net.
Everytime I drop the Folder containing the music in Itunes it crashes at some point after filing some of the songs...why?
Are there any known problems between Soundjam and Itunes - can't it handle the amount of material at one time..what?

Please help - I need to get Itunes to work to buy Ipod monday morning!!
Which reminds me - do I need to upgrade to 9.2.1? What does that upgrade cost? Does it by any chance come with the ipod?

thanx

tr
Mac Elite
Jan 3, 2002, 11:08 PM

first, there's a new version of itunes. itunes 2.03 is available free at the apple site (look under software).

secondly, you might want to upgrade to 9.2.1 too. the requirements listed by apple say you can use 9.1, but recommends 9.2.1. the upgrade is free; you can download it at the apple site also.

as for importing stuff, i've had mixed results with dragging and dropping folders of mp3's into itunes. have you tried going under File menu-->add to library instead of drag and drop? you might get better results...

good luck,

tr

Forum Links
Forum Rules